Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completely uninstalling 3ds Max 2009

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
malikms51
4118 Views, 2 Replies

Completely uninstalling 3ds Max 2009

I have had a stable 3ds Max 2009 on a Win 7 installation for years.  Just two days ago it kept getting errors that Direct3D had failed to initialize.  I had had the computer lock up while I was using Max a few times before these errors started.

I decided to do a fresh install.  Unfortunately, I cannot seem to uninstall the 64 bit version.  It keeps getting Error 1316.  When I try to install a new copy it says it is already installed.  I have done the following;

1. Uninstalled all other Autodesk SW
  2. Used cCleaner to remove all unused registry entries
  3. Removed the 2 x Autodesk folders under c:\users\username\***
  4. Removed the c:\program files\autodesk folder

I would appreciate any advice how I can get the existing 64 bit install fully removed so that I can reinstall it from scratch.  I cannot seem to find an option to submit this query to Autodesk on their website.  For software that costs so much I would expect this option, even if it is older.

Regards

Munsoor Malik

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
yoni1102
in reply to: malikms51

same problem over here i did the same steps and still its says that is allredy installed.

Message 3 of 3
malikms51
in reply to: yoni1102

It appears that I finally did find a solution.  After looking at many web pages I saw a recommendation for Revo Uninstaller.  This is  souped up uninstallation software.  In my naivete I really thought that remving two keys in registry and removing 3 folder would do the job, it didn't!

Revo Uninstaller successfully uninstaleld 3ds max 2009 and I was able to proceed with a full new install.  I would try this as it worked for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report