Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication error while running installer

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
tierradesign
1666 Views, 14 Replies

Communication error while running installer

Hi,

I'm having communication error when I run the installer for Autodesk Building Design Suite 2014.

As I've read other threads and followed troubleshooting steps, it is still not working.

Is there any link for direct download for Autodesk Building Design Suite 2014 Premium?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
AnkushVed
in reply to: tierradesign

What are the exact steps you are following?
1. Click on the Install Now button on the browser.
2. DO NOT close the web page where you clicked Install Now, the installer needs to get some metadata from the web page. (For BDS Suite it is taking about 14 mins for me for the Autodesk_<xxx>_Setup.exe to get downloaded, keep the web page running all the time during this duration and dont refresh the web page).
3. Double click on the freshly downloaded .exe from the web page and it will launch Setup in few seconds.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Hope this will help

Ankush Ved
Product Manager, Autodesk Licensing
Message 3 of 15
tierradesign
in reply to: AnkushVed

I've managed to download the installer with no issue.

When I run the installer, it gives a communication error message stating that the connection from autodesk to pc is lost.

Message 4 of 15
AnkushVed

Can you share the screenshot?

Ankush Ved
Message 5 of 15
tierradesign

error.jpg

I did not move the installation file, there is no website opened when installing, I cannot open network ports due to network policies.

Message 6 of 15
AnkushVed

Have you tried these steps which I mentioned before? Do you still see the same error?
1. Click on the Install Now button on the browser.
2. DO NOT close or refresh the web page where you clicked Install Now, the installer needs to get some metadata from the web page. (For BDS Suite it is taking about 14 mins for me for the Autodesk_<xxx>_Setup.exe to get downloaded, keep the web page running all the time during this duration and dont refresh the web page).
3. Double click on the freshly downloaded .exe from the web page and it will launch Setup in few seconds.

If there are old downloaded Autodesk_<xxx>_Setup.exe, then you can delete them and restart the workflow afresh.

Ankush Ved
Message 7 of 15
AnkushVed

You need to keep the website open until the moment you see the welcome page of the installer for the suite. 

Ankush Ved
Message 8 of 15
tierradesign

I kept the website open but it still gives the same error.
Message 9 of 15
AnkushVed

Please check my private message

Ankush Ved
Message 10 of 15
jnsieff

I am also having this same exact issue as stated above. I have followed all of the steps listed above and still no avail. Please help. 

Message 11 of 15
dcadesigns

Hi,

I've just recently updated my pc from windows 7 to windows 8 and I'm having the exact same problem: 'Communication Failure'.

I have a disabled all firewall systems, however the same issue is still occuring. I've also spoken to ASUS the manufacturer, who suggested a reinstallation process of windows 8, after which it continued to display 'Communication Failure'.

Much appreciated if you could provide any information or direct links to downloading Revit 2014 and AutoCAD 2014.

Daniel

Message 12 of 15
AnkushVed
in reply to: dcadesigns

Hi Daniel, 

After accepting the web EULA, remain on the web page till the time the .exe is completely downloaded. Once it is downloaded, click/run the .exe. Till the time you run the downloaded .exe, do not click on any other links or buttons within the same autodesk portal page. 

Do not click on the already downloaded <>_Setup.exe, that will not work. You need to go back to portal and click on Install Now button for each re-install attempt. 

Hope this helps, let me know otherwise. 

Ankush Ved
Message 13 of 15
smeeb2000

more of the same for me. have read this entire thread and acted accordingly but no luck what ever i try. im trying to install the autocad 2014.

Message 14 of 15
AnkushVed
in reply to: smeeb2000

Are you starting the workflow from the Install Now button on the web page and then waiting on the web page till the time a small self extracting .exe gets downlaoded? Once it gets downloaded, click on the .exe. Untill the point where you run the .exe, do not refresh, close or click on any other links in the web page from where you clicked on Install Now button. 
If the problem is still appearing not resolving, then drop me a private message. 

Ankush Ved
Message 15 of 15
smeeb2000
in reply to: dcadesigns

did all of the above, finally managed to resolve the issue by using the 'Browser download' option. thanks for your help regardless

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report