Installation & Licensing

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 11 of 16 (197 Views)

Re: Communication Failure error during installation

03-04-2014 05:35 AM in reply to: mohuk2007
You seem to be stuck in a loop: do NOT use any "download manager" from any site, you need and must get the actual link to the massive program file directly.

Based on all your answers so far, you are still using some sort of "download manager" and that remains the problem (unless your internet connection is vastly restricted).
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
mohuk2007
Message 12 of 16 (174 Views)

03-11-2014 06:00 AM in reply to: pendean
Hi,
I have got the three educational licence, but still cant install
Is it possible to have a link I can just follow and download?
This is no longer friendly.

I have download countless of applications, games and so on...
but a Revit application from the host is proving difficult!

I have tried countless of times for several days.

I believe my computer is perfectly fine, the problem should be from the host.
Community Manager
jessica.t
Message 13 of 16 (164 Views)

03-11-2014 08:24 AM in reply to: mohuk2007

After the first download failure, did you try uninstalling any existing Autodesk files from your machine before trying again? If not, please do that and then start the download process again, but change your web browser or clear your cookies and cache, disarm your firewall and UAC, and use the Browser Download option. Let us know how it goes!

Jessica Thrasher
Active Contributor
iflorintheo
Message 14 of 16 (132 Views)

04-02-2014 04:57 AM in reply to: mohuk2007
Hi, if you're using the Chrome browser please try with Firefox. I was having the same problem on Chrome.
Civil Engineer / Infrastructure of metropolitan transports
http://civil3design.wordpress.com/
Product Support
dembkod
Message 15 of 16 (127 Views)

04-02-2014 06:25 AM in reply to: mohuk2007

mohuk2007

Hello. This message occurs if you download the “Install Now files” and try to run them from your local drive. Look at the folder you are using and check the properties and size. It should be gigs in size and should have taken an hour or two to download. If it is anything less than over a gig, you do not actually have the installer file.

What you have is not working, go to your c:\Autodesk\ folder and see how many Revit folders you have. Look inside the folders, if you see a link that refers to “install now” delete the whole folder.

I will try to PM you a link.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
daren13
Message 16 of 16 (72 Views)

04-27-2014 08:05 PM in reply to: mohuk2007
disable your firewall and install for the virtual agent. Make sure you choose the right program (when it comes to bits) for the computer you have. Also, make sure that what you are downloading is at least 2 gb because if is not what you are downloading is not going to work. I had the same problem that is how I got to this page, looking for a solution and that worked for me. I hope it works for you too. God Bless

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube