Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Failure-Inventor 2013 Win7/64 Installation

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
1carkid
3421 Views, 6 Replies

Communication Failure-Inventor 2013 Win7/64 Installation

Despite numerous download and install attempts of Student version of Autodesk Inventor 2013 using the various methods, I'm always getting the "Communication Failure" window when trying to execute the Setup.exe.

I've turned-off McAfee and checked registry settings (no evidence of install), performed MS Updates, checked .Net, cleared all the temp files, scanned for 'autodesk'.

Any suggestions to overcome the problem?  My son needs this installed for his high school course.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
asburyj
in reply to: 1carkid

Hello,

I would suggest you delete any pervious downloded folders from your C:\Autodesk driectory and start a fresh download using the "Browser Download" option. This will download a single file that you can unpack the installer and won't requre communication back with the servers until activation. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 7
trigun0006
in reply to: asburyj

i've also had these communication errors, the browser download does the same thing, it unzips itsself, immediatly tries to download something when the actual install pops up, and the communication error happens anyway, am updating framework, cleared registry, closed firewall, any other ideas?

Message 4 of 7
nhertele
in reply to: 1carkid

Having the same issue, did anyone get it resolved? Am seriously thinking about duping the whole thing and going with SolidWorks............

Message 5 of 7
nhertele
in reply to: nhertele

dumping, !@#@$# autocorrect
Message 6 of 7
asburyj
in reply to: nhertele

As a workaround you may wish to try the direct download links on the virtual agent

Go to http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...

Select the 2nd Choice "Download Links "

Select your product

You are now presented with the choice to download your software. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 7 of 7
eldanesh
in reply to: asburyj

I get the same communication failure and I tried it with the "browser download" and "download now" method. Both do not work for me. If i download the whole file and try to run it it tells me that it cant copie the *.exe Additional it cant find the Setup.exe /s in Local\Temp\_AIBD47.tmp Everytime i try to install it creates a new folder in temp and gives the same error.Inventor Error.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report