Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Failure Error with installation

155 REPLIES 155
SOLVED
Message 1 of 156
varieth
107449 Views, 155 Replies

Communication Failure Error with installation

Hello,

I've been getting an error when tgrying to use "Install Now" option on Maya 2013. I've take a screenshot of it. Could anyone tell me what to do? I'm pretty green when it comes to network erorrs or any kind...

http://oi46.tinypic.com/30cbnrn.jpg

Thank you!

I hope this is the right place to ask. Google brought me here when I tried to google a solution to this problem, but I found none.

155 REPLIES 155
Message 101 of 156
jessica.t
in reply to: ChaosCat

Hi @ChaosCat and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Have you tried changing your download method? If you try that and the problem persists please try these steps to help fix the issue:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download from the Virtual Agent

Please reply to this post with any other questions or concerns. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 102 of 156
iPr0xyyMC
in reply to: AnkushVed

When I try to get maya, I get this error when using the Install Now option:

http://prntscr.com/490cyc

I'm not really sure how to fix this

Message 103 of 156
patbanac
in reply to: varieth

I got newest .NET framework, I opened ports 80 and 443 in my firewall.

Now i try to directly install Inventor 2015 - i get connection failure, download - too. I even try to browser download it - 3 times it stopped at 2GB and didnt want to go further. What else can I do ?

Message 104 of 156
philip.s
in reply to: iPr0xyyMC

Hello @iPr0xyyMC!

Outside of the recommendations listed on the Communication Failure warning screen, were you able to try Jessica's suggestions from the above post (also copied here for your convenience)? The simplest workaround is typically to utilize a different download method, specifically Browser Download, which can also be accessed from the Autodesk Virtual Agent.

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Disable UAC
  • Re-download from the Virtual Agent
Message 105 of 156
kenny2g
in reply to: philip.s

I am a student and downloaded Maya student's version but have error keep showing "Communication Failure Error with installation".

please see attached print-screen Maya_Communication Failure Error with installation.jpgand tell me what to do. Thanks,

Josephat

Message 106 of 156
kenny2g

Hi Philip, I have sent you question about downloaded student's copy that resulted Communication Failure during installation. Also sent you print-screen. Please confirm. Thanks, Josephat
Message 107 of 156
philip.s
in reply to: kenny2g

Hello Josephat,

Did you try the suggestions that mentioned in the above postings?

Outside of the recommendations listed on the Communication Failure warning screen, were you able to try Jessica's suggestions from the above post (also copied here for your convenience)? The simplest workaround is typically to utilize a different download method, specifically Browser Download, which can also be accessed from the Autodesk Virtual Agent.

• Disable UAC
  • Re-download from the Virtual Agent
Message 108 of 156
kenny2g

Hi Philip,

I have Disable UAC and delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history. Then downloaded Autodesk Maya 1.8GB file size, the above result is all I got.

Maya_Installation_Error.jpg

Please instruct me further. Thanks!

Message 109 of 156
philip.s

Hi Kenny,

It looks like you haven't download pt.2 yet which is why you are receiving the missing file error. You can do so via the Autodesk Virtual Agent linked here.

Please let us know if that works!

Message 110 of 156
kenny2g

I've downloaded the pt.2 and same error on the previous print-screen occured.

Please advise where to move the pt.2 before installation or which of pt.1 and pt.2 do I install first.

My OS is Win 7 64Bit and not Mac 

Message 111 of 156
camilo.lemos

Hi @kenny2g ,

Please, download both parts from the Virtual Agent. Once fully downloaded, double-click on Part 1 and the installation should proceed normally.

Make sure your firewall and anti-virus programs are disabled during the download.

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 112 of 156
kenny2g
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi Camilo,

I have carried your task but didn't work. I had online chat Norton which they tried their best but detected that "ntxpiinst.exe" is affected. Told me to contact Autodesk and in form them that the installation file have virus ntxpiinst.exe. As Norton has detected this file as a threat you (me) can contact Autodesk MAya and let them know that Norton has detected a threat about Autodesk MAya file.

Message 113 of 156
camilo.lemos

Hi @kenny2g 

I will forward this to the Maya team.

Thanks for letting us know.

Camilo Lemos

Message 114 of 156
kenny2g

Hi Camilo,

I am still waiting to hear from you regarding the affected files and reply from Maya team as you said.

I can forward you more print-screen if you give me email address or I can sent it here if you want.

Thanks

Message 115 of 156
jessica.t

Hi @kenny2g,

I've just emailed Camilo with your request, you'll likely hear from him tomorrow when he's back in the office. Thanks for your patience!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 116 of 156
camilo.lemos

Hi @kenny2g 

I've checked with the Maya team and this file is part of the common Autodesk installer, this is not a virus, you can go ahead and download the product normally.

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 117 of 156
kenny2g

Yes Camilo,

I have been able to install Maya Pt.1 in my computer - up running. 

Please confirm if Maya Pt.2 still needed to be installed because after insighting the key [OK] to the next step but the <Install> button not active as I hover my mouse over. See attached.

Thanks very much!

Message 118 of 156
CynthiaLimon
in reply to: varieth

hello, new and im been trying to download this for school student version

i did the whole port thing, and then turned off my windows smartscreen, and and i got it to go, but  as it asks me where to put it i hit ok and then i get this. 

http://gyazo.com/5da7355f8d358de8a8525eab42f09188

not sure what im doing wrong? for it to do that. 

Message 119 of 156
kenny2g
in reply to: CynthiaLimon

I do have similar error from the begining until I seek help from the autodesk experts, I was able to get it right.

NOW delete all the download files and start afresh by downloading from Virtual Agent and start new download on the link provided.

NOTE: This instruction is for Autodesk Maya only.

Make sure you download both two files Part.1 and Part.2

When you finished downloading them, double click first Part.1 to resume installation and you will be prompt to create folder where to extract your files. After that Maya installation will start while you follow the steps.

Good luck

Message 120 of 156
CynthiaLimon

i see that athere are two parts for maya 2015, but my class needs 2014. 

Idk if i can use 2015 for my class and if it will work properly with the 2014. since thats the one we have on our school computers. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report