Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Failure Error with installation

155 REPLIES 155
SOLVED
Message 1 of 156
varieth
107476 Views, 155 Replies

Communication Failure Error with installation

Hello,

I've been getting an error when tgrying to use "Install Now" option on Maya 2013. I've take a screenshot of it. Could anyone tell me what to do? I'm pretty green when it comes to network erorrs or any kind...

http://oi46.tinypic.com/30cbnrn.jpg

Thank you!

I hope this is the right place to ask. Google brought me here when I tried to google a solution to this problem, but I found none.

155 REPLIES 155
Message 141 of 156
kenny2g
in reply to: craigahopfe

I do have similar error from the begining until I seek help from the autodesk experts, I was able to get it right.

NOW delete all the download files and start afresh by downloading from Virtual Agent and start new download on the link provided.

NOTE: This instruction is for Autodesk Maya only.

Make sure you download both two files Part.1 and Part.2

When you finished downloading them, double click first Part.1 to resume installation and you will be prompt to create folder where to extract your files. After that Maya installation will start while you follow the steps.

Good luck

Message 142 of 156
NegativePotato
in reply to: varieth

Hi, 

I have (obvisouly) been having the same error as everyone in this thread. As of right now what I have tried are these steps : 

- Dowload from Chrome. 

- The installer worked up to 941 of the 1030 Mbits 

- Then it stopped saying "connexion error"

- I then tried to delete all the Nastran files I could find (Ccleaner, Temp files, Delete in Control panel) but when I redownloaded the installer, it ALWAYS tells me that Nastran is already installed, when obvisouly it isn't anymore. 

- I tried laucnahing the SetUp file (Nastran_InCAD_2016_Win64bit_WI_en-US_Setup) directly to install it but it didn't work except once in Admin Mode where it told me to restart my computer because some files could not be be installed. 

- I did so, retried to lauch this file, and the the connection error kept appearing. 

During all those steps a browser with the website was open as asked when downloading the installer. 

So my questions are : 

- How do you unistall Nastran for good? 

- How do you install it without it crashing randomly??? 

Thanks in advance

Message 143 of 156
jessica.t
in reply to: NegativePotato

Hi @NegativePotato!

Apologies for the late reply but let's start from the top! Please perform a clean uninstall to remove any residual installation and download files. Then please re-download your software following these steps:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.

And if you have specific questions regarding Nastran, please be sure to post your questions on the Nastran Community board for best visibility. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 144 of 156
joe.yeung
in reply to: jessica.t

I might have a different error but still related to download. I had reinstalled the Autodesk download manager a dozen time.

and still gave me the attach error when I click 'download now'. If I swtiched to 'Browser Download' the will give me the second error.

connection error1.png

error 2.png

Any help will be appreciated.

Joe Y.

Message 145 of 156
marcellad17
in reply to: philip.s

Ok, I really need help with installing maya. You are like the fifth person I am contacting about this issue, and I looked through this forum, and this is not helping me. I tried looking up videos on Youtube, Google and Bing. I still have the communication error, and I did turned off the fire wall to properly install it. I went through my hard disk, through the maya file, and the maya icon keeps saying "set up." CAN I PLEASE GET HELP WITH THIS!!!!!!

Message 146 of 156
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: marcellad17

Hi @marcellad17,

Sorry about that. Have you tried re-downloading the installer from the Virtual Agent? Prior to re-downloading the installer, you may also want to remove all existing or previously downloaded installer first before re-downloading it. Let us know how it goes. Thanks. 

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 147 of 156
marcellad17

Maybe you can help me because I was talking to Shradha, & this person just keeps sending me link after links. I do not want links please. I try to download the "fix-it" to my windows 10, but said that is not available to install at this time. I heard that 2016 is the best for windows 10, and I would like to know if I can still install Maya (with the fire-wall turned off), and still be good to go. BEFORE YOU SEND ME A LINK FOR THE INSTALLATION REQUIREMENTS, PLEASE DON'T BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN IT A THOUSAND TIMES.

By the way, for the part of cleaning out the Maya 2015 from my laptop, I want to know, on the section on:

1. Clean out your TEMP files:

1. Click the Windows Start button.
    2. In the Run box type %TEMP% and press Enter
    3. Highlight and delete all files. Ignore any files in use.

Do you want me to delete everything, including the installation with such programs such as my Web-root, and Firefox? What files relating the Maya should I delete, so that way I can delete the proper files.

Please response back to me, WITHOUT A LINK, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Message 148 of 156
marcellad17
in reply to: philip.s

Maybe you can help me because I was talking to Shradha, & this person just keeps sending me link after links. I do not want links please. I try to download the "fix-it" to my windows 10, but said that is not available to install at this time. I heard that 2016 is the best for windows 10, and I would like to know if I can still install Maya (with the fire-wall turned off), and still be good to go. BEFORE YOU SEND ME A LINK FOR THE INSTALLATION REQUIREMENTS, PLEASE DON'T BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN IT A THOUSAND TIMES. By the way, for the part of cleaning out the Maya 2015 from my laptop, I want to know, on the section on: Clean out your TEMP files:Click the Windows Start button; In the Run box type %TEMP% and press Enter; Highlight and delete all files. Ignore any files in use; Do you want me to delete everything, including the installation with such programs such as my Web-root, and Firefox? What files relating the Maya should I delete, so that way I can delete the proper files.Please response back to me, WITHOUT A LINK, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Message 149 of 156
ddzakrys

when i try to download 3ds max via browser download to avoid communication failure, there is no option to download 3ds max with browser download, i can only download "vault basic -- server" via browser download while 3ds max remains with only "Install now" function. Please help or else i will have to forget autodesk company and move on to other one 😞 .

Message 150 of 156
rose.hecita

I get the Communication Failure trying to install Vault 2017 or Vault 2018.  The file has downloaded successfully and it went through the Installation process to the end where it requested to reboot the computer.  After the reboot, I could not locate the Vault program anywhere not even in Programs and Features.  I suspect it may be my firewall, however, I don't have admin access to temporarily disable.

What do you recommend I should try?

Thanks,

Rose

Message 151 of 156

queria saber por que não aparece a opção de download pelo navegador quando tento baixar o revit 2019 ?

Message 152 of 156

@I.JUNIORGONCALVES.99

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

There's a couple of ways to properly download and install your Autodesk product to your machine.  Please review this article and the solution it provides.

If the installation does fail using the preferred methods, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.

Posting info: Sometimes the installation log file contains the serial # that was assigned to you.  Open your log file using Windows Notepad and perform a search on "/SN".  Depending on the number of installation attempts, your serial # may be located throughout the log file.  If present, remove or "X" out your serial # prior to posting.

Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 153 of 156

@I.JUNIORGONCALVES.99 wrote:

queria saber por que não aparece a opção de download pelo navegador quando tento baixar o revit 2019 ?

where are you downloading this from?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 154 of 156

@I.JUNIORGONCALVES.99 wrote:
Google Translate

I was wondering why does not the browser download option appear when I try to download revit 2019?

Hello @I.JUNIORGONCALVES.99

Thank you for posting. I have translated your post for you this is an English forum, please translate your posts for better feedback in the future. 

The "Communication Error" will appear when the time stamp for the download has expired. The community recommends preparing your system & using a "Browser Download" instead of the streaming installer. You would need to select it from the drop-down in your Autodesk Account step #6. 

1. Reboot the computer, make sure apps are not auto running in the background 
  2. Log in as Administrator (check your permissions, full control) or create a new profile
  3. Make sure you have a strong connection & good internet speed 
  4. Clean out the TEMP folder. To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the address bar of Windows Start Menu and hit Enter (Windows)
  5. Temporarily disable security settings like Antivirus, Firewall & UAC on your Windows operating system
  6. Use the Browser Download Method in your Autodesk Account or via the AVA | Autodesk Virtual Agent (download all the parts)

Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 155 of 156
ellyzhang17
in reply to: kenny2g

Hi, I use virtual agent..but still I got communication failure..and there is no part 1 and 2 like you mentioned.

Can you please teach me how to do it?

Thank you

Message 156 of 156
ellyzhang17

Hi, I did everything the website instruct.. perform this and that..but still written Comm failure.. how?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report