Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Failure Error with installation

155 REPLIES 155
SOLVED
Message 1 of 156
varieth
106967 Views, 155 Replies

Communication Failure Error with installation

Hello,

I've been getting an error when tgrying to use "Install Now" option on Maya 2013. I've take a screenshot of it. Could anyone tell me what to do? I'm pretty green when it comes to network erorrs or any kind...

http://oi46.tinypic.com/30cbnrn.jpg

Thank you!

I hope this is the right place to ask. Google brought me here when I tried to google a solution to this problem, but I found none.

155 REPLIES 155
Message 21 of 156
philip.s
in reply to: mweiss34

Hello Edward,

The alternative in this case would be to download the software via an alternative method, specifically Browser Download.

If you're downloading from an Autodesk portal where this is not an available option, specifically as a trial, you can find most current + previous version download links via Matt, our Virtual Assistant.

Message 22 of 156
mweiss34
in reply to: philip.s

I figured it out.  I'm downloaded and then I'll see if it works. 

Message 23 of 156
mweiss34

I installed the 30 day trial from your website and I can't even open nothing.  I get this error message see attachment

Message 24 of 156
AnkushVed
in reply to: cobrien_obfa

Hi Ciaran,
Are you still facing problem with Install Now? Can you check my private message? Thanks.

Ankush Ved
Product Manager, Autodesk Licensing
Message 25 of 156
wally-james
in reply to: varieth

Hello,

I have been closely watching this thread for quiet sometime cause i have been struggling to download the ''install now'' version.  I have been hesitant to reply to the thread as i was waiting for an eventual ''download now'' option, but it seems that option would not be coming anytime soon.

I have tried all these options mentioned in the thread and i am still anxious to try out this new revit.

help will be greatly appreciated

Wal

Message 26 of 156
philip.s
in reply to: wally-james

Hi Wally,

Confirming that Revit 2014 direct browser download links are now available in Matt, our Virtual Assistant!

From Matt: Download and Installation -> Software Download Links -> I need to redownload my product -> Autodesk Revit Products -> Autodesk Revit.

Message 27 of 156
Eduardo2012

I downloaded Revit 2014 trial version. Same communication error as described in this post. Tried in 3 different computers with same results. Disabled firewall, same results. Deleted the .exe file, downloaded again 3 times with same results. Tried in Windows 7 ultimate and Windows 8 in another computer.

Other posts suggest opening ports (what is that and how is it done????) and there's one post saying that an email client solves the problem. What does this mean? I use outlook here, I would think that's an email client.......and what in the world does that have to do with this issue?

This is all very strange and it seems there's no convincing answer for this yet. I hope to find the solution

Message 28 of 156
philip.s
in reply to: Eduardo2012

Sorry to hear that you're having issues Eduardo.

Instead of troubleshooting the communication errors which are typically difficult to pinpoint, the simplest workaround is to obtain the necessary browser download links from Matt, our Virtual Assistant.

Instructions from Matt: Download and Installation -> Software Download Links -> I need to redownload my product -> Autodesk Revit Products -> Autodesk Revit.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions, concerns, or issues!

Message 29 of 156
splaw

I am having the same problem. Seems like the new install method is not working. Have been trying it for more than a a month .This download method should be remove and replaced immediately. It is causing a lot of wasted time and frustration.Obviously the software download method has not been tested properly.  The  web download should be posted to the main download site.

It has not been more than 2 months and it is still not fixed ?  Now we have to google to find out how to solve this problem ? Autodesk please get your act together !

Message 30 of 156
AnkushVed
in reply to: splaw

Hi, 

When you click on Install Now button and a small Setup.exe starts getting downloaded then do not click anywhere on the web page,  do not refresh it and do not close it. Installer needs some data for the product which you have selected to Install, so you need to wait on that web page. 

Once the <...>_Setup.exe is downloaded, then click on it and wait for the installer to launch. Once the installer is launched, then you can close/refresh/click anywhere on the web page.

Please try these steps and send me a Private Message in case it still doesnt work.

Thanks for your patience.  

Ankush Ved
Message 31 of 156
cobrien_obfa
in reply to: splaw

Hi Guys, I have the problem solved now with an independent install package.
You can consider my query closed. Thanks for the assistance.

Ciaran

Ciaran O'Brien BARCH MRIAI

DIRECTOR

obfa | ARCHITECTS

O'BRIEN FINUCANE ARCHITECTS

39-40 DAWSON STREET,

DUBLIN 2.

c.obrien@obfa.ie

TEL 353 1 6854586

MOB 353 87 7972921

Note: This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No
confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mis-transmission. If
you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all
copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the
sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute,
print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended
recipient. O"BRIEN FINUCANE ARCHITECTS Ltd. reserve the right to monitor all
e-mail communications through its networks. Any views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states
otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any
such entity.

O'BRIEN FINUCANE ARCHITECTS Registered in Ireland No. 523857

39-40 DAWSON STREET, DUBLIN 2
Message 32 of 156
wooqash

Welcome. I need to take advantage of the 3DS Max 2014 taken from you, unfortunately, when you run the installer error

http://oi46.tinypic.com/30cbnrn.jpg

I do not have anti-virus or firewall, what should I do?

Message 33 of 156
mrsdsgn

I am having the same problem getting the "communication failure" message. I have attached a screenshot of my error. You mentioned trying "Download Now or Browser Download". I cannot find those options. If you could direct me to that I will try these alternatives. Otherwise, maybe this problem has been addressed and you can give me tips. I am using WIndows 7 - 64 bit

Thank you,

Marisa

Message 34 of 156
philip.s
in reply to: mrsdsgn

Hello Kurwa and Marisa!

This one could be related to a number of things, including your firewall. Can you try disabling it altogether, or opening these ports.

If that doesn't work I'd recommend using a different download method, specifically the Browser Download option which can be accessed via Matt, our Virtual Agent.

From Matt: Download and Installation -> Software Download Links -> I need to redownload my product

Here to help if additional assistance is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information!

Message 35 of 156
AnkushVed
in reply to: mrsdsgn

Hi Marisa,
Go back to the Autodesk portal, click on Install Now, after accepting the EULA, a Setup.exe will start getting downloading. Till the time its download finishes, do not click anywhere else on the web page and do not close the web page. Once the downloads finishes, then run the Setup.exe. Wait until the main installer launches.
Once the main installer launches, then you can close the web page. Hopefully, this will resolve your problem.

Ankush Ved
Message 36 of 156
AnkushVed
in reply to: AnkushVed

Also, in the post you mentioned AutoCAD but in the screenshot the setup.exe is selected for IDSU suite. So, this will not work. You need to launch the Setup.exe which is downloaded for AutoCAD.

Ankush Ved
Message 37 of 156
cwilson

I have been trying to install IDSP 2014 for weeks.  Same errors as those previously listed...Communication Failure if I try Install Now and that is with firewall/AV off.  If I download Download Manager nothing happens.  If I spend the excruciating time doing the Browser Download in the four parts.  I always get an error saying some files must be missing.  For the money we spent on this, I find it ridiculous that we do not get the actually CDs since this is obviously so large and cumbersome!

Message 38 of 156
jjenkins3726

Hye i am trying to download maya 2014 but there seems to be issues with downloading and it just disappers

I using a HP G62 Notebook PC i was wondering if it is the simple fact that my system is a little bit older.

I also tryed 2013 and that one gave me the communication failure error that seems to be so famous among the many people that are in this form. I need this software for my college class.

Message 39 of 156
splaw
in reply to: jjenkins3726

Please use web download. There is no solution besides that.
Message 40 of 156
rafael_magal

I'm having the same problem with Building Design Suite Premuim Trial.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report