Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Failure Error with installation

155 REPLIES 155
SOLVED
Message 1 of 156
varieth
106975 Views, 155 Replies

Communication Failure Error with installation

Hello,

I've been getting an error when tgrying to use "Install Now" option on Maya 2013. I've take a screenshot of it. Could anyone tell me what to do? I'm pretty green when it comes to network erorrs or any kind...

http://oi46.tinypic.com/30cbnrn.jpg

Thank you!

I hope this is the right place to ask. Google brought me here when I tried to google a solution to this problem, but I found none.

155 REPLIES 155
Message 2 of 156
philip.s
in reply to: varieth

Hello Ariana and welcome to the community!

As one of the causes listed is that a firewall could be blocking the necessary ports,have you tried temporarily disabling your firewall or opening up ports 80 and 443?

How to open a port in Windows 7

If that doesn't work, you may want to consider using one of the alternative download methods, either Download Now or Browser Download.

Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue, or reply with additional specifics if the problem persists.

Message 3 of 156
varieth
in reply to: philip.s

Thank you for the welcoming! I've been here before, just a lurker Cat Tongue

I had no idea how to do it, but I've followed this guide and I opened up the ports. Nothing changed though. I have tried downloading the thing before, I have a white file called AutodeskDownloadManagerSetup.exe, but as I ran it it installed something and nothing happened then. Now it only goes into "repair" mode, I cannot find the program, it didn't ask me where to install it so I assumed it would just begin downloading but honestly I'm pretty confused now :<

I'll try the Browser Download, but it seems to be a whole different file - neither small like the ones before or big as I saw one of them was to be.

Message 4 of 156
philip.s

You're welcome and the Browser Download option is typically the simplest option.

In regards to the file sizes, they vary per method as Install Now downloads a small installer file while in turn continues to download while the software installs, Download Now installs and extracts at the same time, and the Browser Download is the traditional download .exe file that requires an additional extraction step prior to installing.

Let us know if you have any issues with it!

Message 5 of 156
gamefreak012

I am a student wanting to use the student version Revit Architecture 2013 and I am also getting that exact message stated in that previous screenshot when I attempt installation.

Does it have to do with the fact that my laptop is using Windows Vista at this current moment? If it isn't I really do not know what the problem is.

Thanks

Message 6 of 156
philip.s
in reply to: gamefreak012

Hello Daniel,

It's tough to really diagnose the Install Now issues as there are in deed a number of items on your end that are preventing it from running properly. As mentioned above, the simplest workaround would be to use one of the alternative download methods, either Download Now or Browser Download.

Your OS most likely isn't the cause, however make sure you look at the System Requirements as Vista is no longer supported for 2013 products.

Message 7 of 156
gareth.h.11

HIi,

I am also getting the exact same error message when trying to install Maya 2013. I have tried the install now method, running the donloaded file, going through the files and running the setup file and everytime i receive the message. Some things that may be worth mentioning are: i have opened the ports you said to, I am trying to use the student version, I have opened the installer before on another machine where it worked fine but i never completed any of the steps as i wanted it on a different machine. Help would be much appricated.

Message 8 of 156
philip.s
in reply to: gareth.h.11

Hello Gareth and welcome to the community!

As mentioned above it's pretty hard to troubleshoot Install Now issues and the easiest workaround is just to use one of the alternative download methods, either Download Now or Browser Download.

Message 9 of 156
gareth.h.11

Thanks Phil,

I have tried the other methods but i notice that when i begin these methods it will start to download a file that i alreadt have. It is once i try to run this file I receive the error message. Does this help?

Message 10 of 156
philip.s
in reply to: gareth.h.11

You're welcome Gareth.

Can you please delete the existing download files and try again using the Browser Download method. If you receive another error during the initialization / installation, please take a screen shot and attach it in a reply so that we can troubleshoot accordingly.

Message 11 of 156
gareth.h.11

Thank tou Phil, I have done that and successfully installed Maya. Thanks again.

Message 12 of 156
deanjs88

I'm encountering the same issue while trying to download the Student Version of Maya 2013. I've tried Install Now and Download Now and neither work. Install now just gives me a file that, when run, only gives me a Communication Error. I tried changing the ports and I even turned off my firewall to try that. When I click Download Now it only gives me the install file for the Autodesk Download Manager, while has already been installed. When I run the DLM a download does not start like the website and all resources I can find suggest. As previously mentioned, I had a bunch of files that had accumulated from the multiple attempts, I deleted those and I'm still encountering this issue. I restarted my computer and repeated everything mentioned, to no avail. Any suggestions?

Message 13 of 156
gareth.h.11
in reply to: deanjs88

Delete all file you can find related to Maya, then try the browser download option. Keep in mind that it is a different file than the ones you have downloaded previously. That is what worked for me.
Message 14 of 156
cobrien_obfa

Hi All, I have been having the same problem trying to download Building Design Suite 2014. I don't have access to the Firewall, so would like to use the Browser download - eh - where do you go for that.

The webpage does not appear to allow it.

Any quick guidance much appreciated.

Regards,

Ciaran

Message 15 of 156
philip.s
in reply to: cobrien_obfa

Hello Ciaran,

As the 2014 suite browser download links are not yet available on Matt, our Virtual Assistant (should be within the next couple of days), I'll send you a Private Message (little envelope next to your profile name when signed in) with the corresponding timed links.

Message 16 of 156
ayman_hakam

I have this message in the attachments when i try to install revit 2014 free trial.

what i can do for this?

Message 17 of 156
philip.s
in reply to: ayman_hakam

Welcome to the community Ayman!

Take a look at the following Install Now troubleshooting suggestions and let us know if you're able to resolve the issue.

Message 18 of 156
mweiss34

I'm having the same problem I disable the firewall and tried the advanced settings like discussed.  No luck.  What's this alternative download.  I don't understand

Message 19 of 156
AnkushVed
in reply to: mweiss34

Do not close or refresh the web page once you click Install Now, wait for the <abc>_Setup.exe to get downloaded. Once it downloads, run it. Wait for the main installer screen to appear. Hopefully, this should solve the problem.

Ankush Ved
Product Manager, Autodesk Licensing
Message 20 of 156
mweiss34
in reply to: AnkushVed

Still not working again I double click on setup.exe.  Windows wants to makes sure I want to install this I say yes.  Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 screen pops up and saids initizing and then I get the communication failure error.  I can't even download the free trail demo from you website because I get a network error from that to.   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report