Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combined package files not working

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
robert.mcclellan
530 Views, 14 Replies

Combined package files not working

I believe my needs are very simple: I have a package file(12 licenses) for ACAD 2013, 2012, 2100 and 2010. I have another package file (9 licenses) for ACAD 2009, 2008,2007 and 2006. I want to combine these files so I can use my one server for all versions. Both files were generated on the same date. I have followed the tutorials and how-to posts on combining, but the results are always the same: LMTOOLS shows 21 licenses of whichever package is at the top of the file - i.e., if I append the 2009 license info onto the 2013 file, I get 21 licenses of 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2010. If I append the 2013 info onto the 2009 file, I get 21 licenses of 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2006.

Thanks in advance.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
DarrenP
in reply to: robert.mcclellan

are all these on subscription?

were the 2009 products tied to any of the later version of the products

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 15
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

if they are on subscription you copying the package statement from each license file?

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 15
robert.mcclellan

Both are subscription products. I'm copying both the PACKAGE and INCREMENT sections from the license file I wish to add.

Message 5 of 15
DarrenP

try running the license file through this: www.licenseparser.com

to see if it does have the correct numbers

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 6 of 15
DarrenP

were the 2009 products tied to any of the later version of the products?

if the (9) 2009s are on subscription that means they were automatically upgraded to 2010 then 2011, 2012, 2013 if the 2009s serial #s are tied to an active subscription contract you aren't allowed to use them anymore per the Autodesk License agreement you have to  get an exception from autodesk to use them again

so you need to make sure these aren't tied to any of the 2013 serial numbers

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 15
robert.mcclellan

It's showing what LMTOOLS is reporting - 21 licenses for 2009 to 2006. See attached.

Message 8 of 15
DarrenP

thats correct

are you also copying the plist information from the 2009 license file?

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 15
DarrenP

somewhere something is not getting copied and pastied correctly

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 15
philip.s

Hi Robert,

As Darren mentioned above, as this is still on Subscription, your license would be upgraded to 2013 and would permit previous version use of current plus 3 versions back, which matches up with the license file that I see was created yesterday for 12 seats of AutoCAD 2013 (what shows on your attachment as 2009). Did you edit the components by chance?

Additionally, it looks like the other serial number that you are using corresponds to your 2009 license (9 seats), which was upgraded and rolled up into the the 2013 one mentioned above (12 seats).

Message 11 of 15
robert.mcclellan
in reply to: philip.s

I think I'm seeing it now - since my 2009 and down serials are part of a subscription, they have been upgraded to 2013 licenses and are being lumped in when the license file is appended.

I have legacy machines running ACAD 2008, so I will need to: A. get an exception/new license from AutoDesk or B. Run the 2009 to 2006 file on a different server? Thx.

Message 12 of 15
DarrenP

a is your only option

you can't do option b and be legal with autodesk

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 13 of 15
robert.mcclellan

Let me throw in a question: If my 2009 serial is now valid for 2013, why cant I use the 2009 file to run a 2010-2013 client?

Message 14 of 15
philip.s

Hi Robert,

The 2009 serial number isn't valid for 2013, rather it's been upgraded multiple times to a different 2013 serial number.

Message 15 of 15
robert.mcclellan

I'm going with option C: Get the 2008 users upgraded to at least 2010. Thanks all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report