Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine 2011 and 2011 license files?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
MikeBuckland5716
510 Views, 10 Replies

Combine 2011 and 2011 license files?

Hi,

We have 60 Softimage 2011 seats in house.

29 are licensed to one license server, and 31 are licensed to another license server. Subscription has expired on these 2011 licenses.

We have just purchased 15 more Softimage 2012 seats, which are on Subscription.

I tried to append the additional 2012 license files to one of the pre-existing 2011 license files, but the new ones are not being recognised by the license server.  After asking on the forums, we were informed that they are not compatible and cannot be appended.

We do not want to have to set up a third license server just for the 15 2012 seats. Is it possible to generate a single license file for all 60 2011 seats, and a single licence file for the 15 2012 seats?

Please let me know, as a matter of urgency. We have people in the studio who are unable to work because they cannot access licenses that we have paid for.

Thanks,

Mike Buckland

Triggerfish Animation

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
DarrenP
in reply to: MikeBuckland5716

yea

were these 15 2012 seats upgraded from any of the 2011 seats or were they brand new seats?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
MikeBuckland5716
in reply to: DarrenP

they are brand new seats

Message 4 of 11
DarrenP

which you are going to have do is generate all license files on the same day and combine them into 1 license file

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
MikeBuckland5716

So is this the correct procedure:

I need to go to the registration page with my old (2011) and new (2012) serial numbers and then re-register them to generate new license files (ie one for 2011 and one for 2012) that I would then be able to append and use as a single license file.

Message 6 of 11
DarrenP

yes

this guide will help: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Combining-License-Files-for-Subscription-and-No...

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 11
MikeBuckland5716

thank you for your help. I will try that.

Message 8 of 11
DarrenP

post back if it works or not

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 11

The only issue that you might run into is an issue where your 2012 Subscription seats supersede the 2011 seats because of the backwards compatibility.  If this happens, you can request that your 2012 license file be generated as a non-Subscription license file.  Otherwise it looks like Darren has brought you home on this one. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 10 of 11
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

use this ultility on the combined license file to make sure the seat count is correct: www.licenseparser.com

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 11 of 11
MikeBuckland5716

Hi Darren,

Thanks, as far as I can tell from the parser I have all the licenses combined into one file succesfully.

Its the end of the day and everyone's leaving, so I'll have to wait till tomorrow to see if we've conquered the problem.

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report