Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12
mikeZapp
1319 Views, 11 Replies

Co-exist

Can AIP and AIS co-exist on the same machine? We have floaters and would like to be able to share the Pro when necessary.

During install of the Pro software the deployment stops and exits. If I check in non-silent mode I see that the installer states that a later version is already installed.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
TravisNave
in reply to: mikeZapp

No.  You should only install AIP.  It can pull an AIS license and will only pull the AIP licenses when using a pro module or when necessary. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 12
mikeZapp
in reply to: TravisNave

I guess I only need to uninstall the Inventor portion?

Message 4 of 12
DarrenP

its better to uninstall everything

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
mikeZapp
in reply to: DarrenP

Here is the dilema. Let's say that I have twenty users; five users have a possible need to borrow 3 AIP licenses...all users require AutoCAD. 

Will the license server borrow the AutoCAD features from any available seat (17 AIS, 3 AIP)? I need to have all twenty AutoCAD seats available at all times.

Message 6 of 12
DarrenP

depends

do you have separate licenses of just autocad in your license file?

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 12
TravisNave

AutoCAD (assuming from the Mechanical install of the Inventor Suite) will cascade to the available license when necessary.  When a single user launches AIP and AutoCAD, the user will still only use one license total as the programs are part of the same suite, thus share the license. 

I would suspect the only issue you will have is not running out of AutoCAD licenses, it will be running out of AIP licenses.  When your three AIP seats are used by 3 users, your 4th and 5th AIP users will have to wait for a seat to free up.  They'd still be able to launch AIS or AutoCAD, however. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 12
mikeZapp
in reply to: TravisNave

TravisNave

I was thinking that what you have discribed woud be the case. The AIP would only be required part of the time by the 5 users, three would have to be full time and swap out if on other required AIP usage

Message 9 of 12
mikeZapp

DarrenP

The licenses are budled with each suite. I use to have all twenty AIS seats but, we recently upgraded 3 to AIP.

Message 10 of 12
DarrenP

then what travis said is correct then

you may run out of AIP licenses at some point

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
mikeZapp
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks to All. I wil be attemping the install tomorrow.

Message 12 of 12
TravisNave

Excellent.  Let us know how it goes. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report