Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client station can't get new license file from new server, please help

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
alextu
1001 Views, 12 Replies

Client station can't get new license file from new server, please help

Hi,
I am replacing the server now, I obtain new license and have flexlm running on the new server, I have "perform status enquiry" to see the license, it is working.
I can ping the new server and get the responds. However, when I start Revit 2008, it still run to old server license file, I tried to change the server name to new server, it is not working, it shows error 1,5,-15, and I reinstall revit and try to point to new server, it still point to old server.

Can anyone tells me how to point the client station to the new server license?

Please help,

Thank you
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
TravisNave
in reply to: alextu

On the client machine create a system environment variable. You can do this under Control Panel > System > Advanced tab > Environment Variables. Create a new system variable (bottom half) and name it ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE then give it a value of @SERVERNAME (where servername is the hostname of your server.)
You may also want to create another system environment variable named FLEXLM_TIMEOUT with a value of 1000000 (one million.)

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 13
alextu

TravisNave

Thank you for your reply, yeah.. it is working. I have got other two questions regarding to this.
1. In revit license information, it shows "Distributed" instead of of new server's name, is it right? it used to show my old server's name.
2. In my AutoCAD, it still point to old server, how do I change it?

Thank you very much
Message 4 of 13
TravisNave

Don't worry. The system environment variable will override any of the application settings. You can also look into the root of the installed application folder (AutoCAD 2010 for example) for a file called LICPATH.LIC. This is where the application generally looks when pointing to the NLM when a system environment variable isn't specified. Also, there are values that are coded into the registry, but again it is all secondary. As long as everything is working, I wouldn't sweat the details.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 13
alextu

TravisNave

Thank you very much,
I really appreciate your help!!

Alex
Message 6 of 13
TravisNave

My pleasure!
Travis

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 13
alextu

Travis,
Please help me again..
The revit can run with the new license server, but AutoCAD 2008 can't find the license server system.

Please help!!
Message 8 of 13
TravisNave

What is the error number that you are getting this time? If the license server is new, it is possible that you did not add the ACAD licenses to it. You'd be surprised how often it gets overlooked. Are you getting a license finder box or does it just error out?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 13
alextu

Travis,
Sorry about that, I got it.. It was windows server 2008 problem. I already took care of it. Everything works fine now.
Thank you
Message 10 of 13
dwingojr

Brilliant!

Occasionally, we find something that works better than expected. Thanks, TravisNave!
Message 11 of 13
TravisNave

My pleasure. 😃

Autodesk Forums:
Message 12 of 13
dwcook281
in reply to: TravisNave

I just installed a hotfix for license sharing. I now connot get the license server to work

Message 13 of 13
TravisNave
in reply to: dwcook281

What hotfix for license sharing?  And what error?  You probably should have created a new thread. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report