Installation & Licensing

Reply
*Maleski, Thomas E.
Message 1 of 4 (69 Views)

Client Install of ADT3.3 ** Severe Error **

69 Views, 3 Replies
10-24-2002 04:02 AM
We are currently using a client install of ADT/ABE2/ABM2. When opening
drawings created in R14 and that contain xrefs, we receive an "AutoCAD
Severe Error, file not found" dialog box. If I were to open the file in a
Network install of ADT the file opens up fine. Has anyone receive this error
message before? Once the file is opened in the Network ADT and saved the
file is fine.

Thomas Maleski
*[Autodesk], jason martin
Message 2 of 4 (69 Views)

Re: Client Install of ADT3.3 ** Severe Error **

10-24-2002 04:14 AM in reply to: *Maleski, Thomas E.
Hi Thomas -

That sounds ... umm ... interesting.

Just so I have this straight. You have some R14 drawings that have xrefs.

If you open the drawing in a client deployment of ADT3.3, the files open
fine. No error message.

If you open the drawing in a client deployment of ABx (on top of the same
client deploy of ADT3.3) you get the "Severe error"?

What happens after the Severe error?

jason martin
Autodesk

"Thomas E. Maleski" wrote in message
news:76AF4428A78270007A89E67C90BFDD3B@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> We are currently using a client install of ADT/ABE2/ABM2. When opening
> drawings created in R14 and that contain xrefs, we receive an "AutoCAD
> Severe Error, file not found" dialog box. If I were to open the file in a
> Network install of ADT the file opens up fine. Has anyone receive this
error
> message before? Once the file is opened in the Network ADT and saved the
> file is fine.
>
> Thomas Maleski
>
>
*Maleski, Thomas E.
Message 3 of 4 (69 Views)

Re:

10-24-2002 04:30 AM in reply to: *Maleski, Thomas E.
< fine. No error message.>>

No. I can't open the file in a client deployment of ADT3.3. I can open the
file in a network version of ADT fine, save it and then it opens fine in the
client deployment. I just asked another department to try and open the file,
also a client install, and they can open it fine. I need to check some of my
code that I have run at startup. I know I'm having a problem with my ACAD
env settings. I report back later.


"jason martin [Autodesk]" wrote in message
news:9FE0A912B129AFA7F73AE09106DFF27D@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Hi Thomas -
>
> That sounds ... umm ... interesting.
>
> Just so I have this straight. You have some R14 drawings that have xrefs.
>
> If you open the drawing in a client deployment of ADT3.3, the files open
> fine. No error message.
>
> If you open the drawing in a client deployment of ABx (on top of the same
> client deploy of ADT3.3) you get the "Severe error"?
>
> What happens after the Severe error?
>
> jason martin
> Autodesk
>
> "Thomas E. Maleski" wrote in message
> news:76AF4428A78270007A89E67C90BFDD3B@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > We are currently using a client install of ADT/ABE2/ABM2. When opening
> > drawings created in R14 and that contain xrefs, we receive an "AutoCAD
> > Severe Error, file not found" dialog box. If I were to open the file in
a
> > Network install of ADT the file opens up fine. Has anyone receive this
> error
> > message before? Once the file is opened in the Network ADT and saved the
> > file is fine.
> >
> > Thomas Maleski
> >
> >
>
>
*Maleski, Thomas E.
Message 4 of 4 (69 Views)

Re:

10-24-2002 04:49 AM in reply to: *Maleski, Thomas E.
Problem solved, it was one of my routines.

(vl-load-com)
(defun set_psty (/ output)
(setq output
(vla-get-output (vla-get-preferences (vlax-get-acad-object))))
(vla-put-defaultoutputdevice output "67B2OceTBON.pc3")
(vla-put-plotpolicy output "0")
(vla-put-defaultplotstyletable output "psands.stb")
(vla-put-defaultplotstyleforlayer output "black")
)

I was using it to set a drawing to Named Styles using the psands.stb file. I
guess there is an issue I'm over looking.

Thomas Maleski


"Thomas E. Maleski" wrote in message
news:698ACE7C20E315C890C84EAF4E9B2DDD@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> < > fine. No error message.>>
>
> No. I can't open the file in a client deployment of ADT3.3. I can open the
> file in a network version of ADT fine, save it and then it opens fine in
the
> client deployment. I just asked another department to try and open the
file,
> also a client install, and they can open it fine. I need to check some of
my
> code that I have run at startup. I know I'm having a problem with my ACAD
> env settings. I report back later.
>
>
> "jason martin [Autodesk]" wrote in message
> news:9FE0A912B129AFA7F73AE09106DFF27D@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > Hi Thomas -
> >
> > That sounds ... umm ... interesting.
> >
> > Just so I have this straight. You have some R14 drawings that have
xrefs.
> >
> > If you open the drawing in a client deployment of ADT3.3, the files open
> > fine. No error message.
> >
> > If you open the drawing in a client deployment of ABx (on top of the
same
> > client deploy of ADT3.3) you get the "Severe error"?
> >
> > What happens after the Severe error?
> >
> > jason martin
> > Autodesk
> >
> > "Thomas E. Maleski" wrote in message
> > news:76AF4428A78270007A89E67C90BFDD3B@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > We are currently using a client install of ADT/ABE2/ABM2. When opening
> > > drawings created in R14 and that contain xrefs, we receive an "AutoCAD
> > > Severe Error, file not found" dialog box. If I were to open the file
in
> a
> > > Network install of ADT the file opens up fine. Has anyone receive this
> > error
> > > message before? Once the file is opened in the Network ADT and saved
the
> > > file is fine.
> > >
> > > Thomas Maleski
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community


Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube