Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil3d 2012 and 2013 on same machine

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
homer028
408 Views, 1 Reply

Civil3d 2012 and 2013 on same machine

Does anyone know if it is possible to run both versions of Civil3d on the same machine? I am running win7 64, and have 2012 infrastructure design suite installed. We are planning on going to 2013 soon, so I installed the entire Infrastructure 2013 suite this afternoon with no problems showing up. I rebooted my machine, and tried to open civil3d 2012 and got an error message - could not initialize ASI. I have read the few posts out there about MDAC as well as to uninstall 2012.

I just cant find any information saying the two cannot work together on the same machine. I also cannot find any information from Autodesk saying they can either.

The route of the MDAC being out of date seems old, referring to windows xp, vista and such - not windows7, and all the posts are from 2005.

Does anyone know if they can work on the same machine?

I was able to go back to an earlier restore point to solve my problem but that also took away my 2013 install. It would be nice to be able to work with both.

Thank you,

Greg-

Tags (4)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: homer028

This is not a problem.  Release versions all play nice together on a single machine. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report