Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil3D 2011 installation doesn´t start

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
StadtDetmold
467 Views, 5 Replies

Civil3D 2011 installation doesn´t start

An installation of AutoCad Civil3D 2011 seems to start but disappear immidiatly after popping up.

I deleted the whole installation and cleaned the registry and tried a new installation. But still the problem exists. It´s a W7 SP1-64-Bit System with 8 GB RAM. In former times a Civil3D 2013 version of this software worked well.

This version has been deleted to downgrade on the 2011 version.

Can everyone help me please? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
brad_hurley
in reply to: StadtDetmold

Hello,

Welcome to the community.   After cleaning the registry did you reboot the machine before you installed Civil3D 2011?  Please confirm you have followed all the steps listed on knowledgebase article TS14929539 - 2011: Resolving installation issues with a clean install of AutoCAD Civil 3D

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14929539&linkID=9240697

Thank you for using the community. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

BHurley
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
StadtDetmold

Hello,

yes I did. I´ve got the article from my supporters. I followed the instructions but there is no way to solve the problem. I also read the event logs but there is nothing going wrong when starting the application. Perhaps you have an idea what´s going wrong there?

Thank you for helping!

Message 4 of 6
david.lau

If the setup crashes, can you let us know is this applies:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/10/2014-products-setupexe-crash-cer-report-.html

David Lau
Message 5 of 6
StadtDetmold

The setup was completly running fine without any mistakes. But the programm didn´t start. Now I formated the disk and set up a clean system. It´s working fine now. Thanks for your helping.

Message 6 of 6
dembkod

StadtDetmold,

Hello. Glad you got running. A system clean pretty much takes care of everything. Blocks like this usually revolve around a few potentials:

Internet Explorer 10 can cause odd install and startup behavior, rollback to 9

Displaylinkcore Display Driver, uninstall it or update it

Missing NET installation

Corrupt C++ installation (though this usually results in an onscreen error)

In any case, I am glad you are running.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report