Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil LDT Companion 2009 Install error

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
371 Views, 7 Replies

Civil LDT Companion 2009 Install error

I am trying to install from the Autodesk CD a seat of Civil 3D LDT Companion 2009 to a new Windows 7 64-bit Acer laptop. After the initialization, I choose install and after a few seconds get this error:

The system cannot open the device or file specified.

E:\x86\support\VCRedist\x64\vcredist.msi

I have installed the same program a few times before this last year and have not had a problem with Windows 7 64-bit. I have checked on-line and found similar problems but not the same. I checked on the CD and there is no \x86\support\VCRedist\x64\ folder there. Do I need to get a newer CD or is there another fix for this issue.

Thanks foar any help!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

it sounds like bad media

try copying the cd to the hard drive and install from there

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

That's what I thought too but we have two CD's.  One is for a second group of seats in a different department so I tried it and still got the same error.  The second CD also did not have the /x64 folder I mentioned before.  If the folder is not on the CD, I don't think it would help to copy to disk and run.  We have had both CD's for a while, since early 2010 or so maybe.  That's why I thought I might need a newer CD.

Message 4 of 8
DarrenP

there shouldn't be a 64 bit folder in there because that is not 64 bit application

you should have this directory on the CD: x86\support\VCRedist\x86\

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

I know it is a 32 bit program but why should it even be looking for a \x64 folder at all?  Is it possibly going out to the AutoDesk site for some reason during initialization and coming up with the x64?  I also can't figure out why it has worked on both disks before on Windows 64 bit systems but now does not.

Anyway, I am in the process of copying to disk to try that. I will let you know how or if it works.

Message 6 of 8
DarrenP

do the cds work on another machine?

if both cds worked on another machine

then it may be that the cd rom drive is going bad

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

I don't think it is the CD drive since it is on a new laptop and worked fine to Install the Windows 7 and other programs. I will check it though if problems persist.  For now, it seems to be copying fine from the CD to the disk to try the install from there.

That is a yes on the install to other computers with the two seperate disks. We have put out 10-15 new computers this past year while using one or the other of the two disk for installation to the computer. This is the first one though since the first of October that I have tried. The last three that I know of worked without a hitch.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Copied the CD to local hard disk and tried installing from there. It gave the same error as before.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report