Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3d 2012 won't install

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sjg
Advisor
2120 Views, 4 Replies

Civil 3d 2012 won't install

Having issue where civil 3d 2012 won't install, attached is the log file.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
philip.s
in reply to: sjg

Hi Steve,

Try manually installing the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 and then modify the setup.ini file to remove the prerequisite check for .NET Framework.

Specific instructions on how to do so can be found in this error 1603 forum post (courtesy of .

Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue, or reply with additional specifics if the problem persists.

Message 3 of 5
emily.xu

Hi,sjg

Philip is correct, I can see the failure when installing .net framework 4.0 in your log file, you can also use the useful tool to uninstall all the existing .net, then try to install .net framework 4.0 from your installation media manually (\3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework)

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 4 of 5
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: emily.xu

Thanks for the suggestions I will give it a try. Do you know what would cause it to not install.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 5 of 5
emily.xu

Maybe there is corruption with you existing .net framework, or you have installed a newer version than what we provide in our installation media. 

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report