Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2013 Installation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mermerCAD
164 Views, 1 Reply

Civil 3D 2013 Installation

We just installed Civil 3D 2012 on our 70 computers company wide about three months ago.  It was not smooth and easy.  Between changing all of the profiles, everybody customizing their screens, and the plotters disappearing every day (that may have been due to upgrading to Windows 7), I'm not really looking forward to upgrading to 2013.  Installing the service packs didn't cause any problems.  Will installing 2013 set everything back to the default out-of-the-box settings or will it be more like the service packs?  If it does go back to the default settings, any advice for keeping everyone's custom settings?  I figured we could save our .pgp and .cuix files and then use them to replace the new ones, but will we be replacing some new features with our old files?  I know this is a lot of questions, but any guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks so much!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: mermerCAD

On initial launch, the user should be asked to migrate settings.  Worst case, you can run the migration manually or even copy the CUI files as you mentioned. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report