Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2011 - Will Not Start - Goes Back To Desktop

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jer7rob
280 Views, 3 Replies

Civil 3D 2011 - Will Not Start - Goes Back To Desktop

I recently got a new computer that has Windows 7 64-bit on it. I immediately installed Civil 3d 2012 on it and it worked great. Some of our projects are in 2012 but some of them are still in 2011. So I exported the license from my old machine and tried to install Civil 3d 2011 on my new machine. I noticed that a couple SQL programs did not install because there was already a newer version on my machine. When it finished installing a tried to open it up and it acts like it is going to start ( I get the pretty Civil 3d Picture in the middle of my screen and the window pops up) but as soon at it starts it just disappears and goes right back to my desktop.

I though that maybe the problem was that I installed 2012 first so I completely uninstalled both of them and tried to reinstall just 2011 and I still have the same problem. I also tried disabling my Virus/Spyware protection software and reinstalling it. Same results.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeremy

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: jer7rob

Try deleting your CascadeInfo.cas file.  For more detailed information about the CascadeInfo.cas file, please refer to the Autodesk Support Knowledge Base article found here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240617&id=13894457&siteID=123112

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
jer7rob
in reply to: TravisNave

I tried this and it did not work but I did notice that it says that this only applies to network licenses. Both of my licenses are stand alone licenses.

Any other ideas?

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: jer7rob

Try removing your stand-alone license then:

For Windows Vista/7

%programdata%\flexnet\adsk*.data

Windows XP

%allusersprofile%\Application Data\flexnet\adsk*.data

Back up the files before removing them. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report