Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2010 SP2 - case of beer for any solutions found

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
auzzie2776
271 Views, 10 Replies

Civil 3D 2010 SP2 - case of beer for any solutions found

I  am having a hard time getting SP2 for civil 3d 2010 installed. i keep gettiing a 1603 error on the install and it wont go any futher. ive been able to install civil 3d out of the box and put sp1 on however sp2 eleudes me. I have tried a complete uninstall, clean registry, complete install with sp2 included with same result.

and yes i have full admin rights, i have tripple checked the sp to make sure its the right one.

additionally, i have turned verbose on with the MSi file and it doesnt appear to show anything that i havent determined already.

any ideas ?

cheers

jason

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: auzzie2776

Attach the log file in your %temp% location and let's see what it says.  Mmm, beer.  Smiley Very Happy

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 11
auzzie2776
in reply to: TravisNave

ive enclosed a partial txt file for last 1000 lines or so, it was a 16mb file, but errors occur within the last few lines or so.

thx in advance

cheers

jason

Message 4 of 11
TravisNave

Go ahead and zip the file and send the whole thing.  It should fit. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 11
auzzie2776
in reply to: TravisNave

here, try this and let me know if you see anything that may be of help.

cheers

jason

Message 6 of 11
DarrenP

what OS is this?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 11
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

if its vista/win 7 try right clicking the .exe and say run as administrator

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 11
auzzie2776

The OS is XP. ive tried most of the tricks i know.

bout to switch to microstation. lol - just kidding

Message 9 of 11
DarrenP

try creating another user profile with admin rights and try to install it under that profile

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 11
auzzie2776

i had already tried that with no luck.

calling all autodesk worker bees who can help !!

cheers

jason

Message 11 of 11
DarrenP

any of these happening: http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/12/an-assortment-of-errors-when-installing-update-2.htm...

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report