Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Network License to Standalone License - Inventor Series 11

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mcheve01
1429 Views, 3 Replies

Changing Network License to Standalone License - Inventor Series 11

Hello,

I am having an issue that I hope someone here can help me with. I have a couple of floating licenses for an old inventor series 11 product. The license server is down and I need to change these licenses back to standalone licenses. Does anyone know how I would do that? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling as standalone but it will not let me activate the software with the serial numbers on the back of the packaging. Am I missing something?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: mcheve01

You can't convert it and make it work.  The reason you cannot activate is because Inventor 11 has been retired.  If you have ever upgraded or cross-graded these licenses, then they are expired now.  Anyway, even if they were active, you still can't activate a network serial as stand-alone.

You need to work on getting your license manager back up and running.  What is the problem?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
mcheve01
in reply to: TravisNave

The problem with the license server, is that it is infected with virus,  we cannot get it completely clean because it is an old server with an old server OS.  We also cannot migrate the license to a new server without paying some amount of money to get the license file changed.  We no longer have a subscribtion.  We still own the software we are using, and have the installations.  We did pay for these seats.  Is there a way to change them back to standalone?

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: mcheve01

Sent you a PM.  You have options...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report