Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change SN on Network Install?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
andrew.warren
500 Views, 5 Replies

Change SN on Network Install?

On a network install you cannot go to About and then change the SN. Isn't their a way to edit the regestry or somehting to change it? We have a new IT guy and he acidently used the old SN to install a bunch of AutoCAD Electrical seats. I want to change all of them (one at a time I know) to the new SN. But I don't want to spend three weeks uninstalling and reinatalling them. We are talking potentually 50-75 workstations...

Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: andrew.warren

the serial number gets pulled from the license file

during install it doesn't matter what serial number you use since its a network license

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

Mark Darren's post as the solution, because he could not be more right.  The serial number for network products is irrelevent to the licensing.  For all intents and purposes, they could all have 000-00000000 and it would still work.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 6
DarrenP

you can change it through the registry

its under the hkey_local_machine/software/autodesk

but you don't really need to

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
andrew.warren

They hired me to help clean things up beacuse of a big LC todo. So I just want to be sure before I leave them be...

Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net
Message 6 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: andrew.warren

you can run your license file through this website to get serial numbers from it: www.licenseparser.com

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report