Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant install INV2011 Content Centre Libraries

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
guyh
1293 Views, 4 Replies

Cant install INV2011 Content Centre Libraries

Hello,

I've had a lot of issues with our previous setup of Inventor2011.  we we using the content centre on the Vault server.  This seems very slow and would crash a lot as well as the frame generator being unusable.

I've since changed to using the content centre located on my C: drive.  This has improved the Frame generator issues and also accessing the content centre.  My issue is I have no content centre libraries on my local machine.  I've tried to install them from the Inventor 2011 install files but it keeps failing giving the attached log with a fatal error.

Can anybody help with installing the content centre to my local machine?  thanks

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
huliang2008
in reply to: guyh

Hi,

Did you install DC from Inventor suite DVD? or you download EF package from network.

please install DC via launching setup.exe and select DC to install.

Kevin Hu
SQA Eng
ACRD MFG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
guyh
in reply to: huliang2008

I installed it via the downloaded files.  I ran setup and selected the content center files.  It still fails.

could it because I have a windows login to access my machine which causes the failure.  i've read this causes a lot of probelms with this software.

not impressed at all with this release.

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Message 4 of 5
huliang2008
in reply to: guyh

Hi,

please check if there is the file 'My Library.idz' under your source file folder: 

C:\Documents and Settings\a468510\Desktop\Inventor 2011\DClibrary\Application Data\Autodesk\Inventor 2011\Content Center\Libraries\My Library.idz

if not, please download the attached file, unzip it and copy it into that folder and try to install again.

if that still doesn't work for you, please check if your source file is complete.

Kevin Hu
SQA Eng
ACRD MFG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
guyh
in reply to: huliang2008

I don't have anything else further under this stage of the file structure.

C:\Documents and Settings\a468510\Desktop\Inventor 2011\DClibrary\

This is what is in that folder.

(see attached).

Should I redownload the Inventor files?

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report