Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant find the file for 3DS max 2012

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
shortk3
698 Views, 7 Replies

Cant find the file for 3DS max 2012

Ive installed 3DS Max 2012 on my laptop but cant find the file...

there was no error message or anything, it just competed, then nothing....

can anybody help??

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Darin.Green
in reply to: shortk3

Shortk3,

Did you get a "Installation was Successful" screen when the application was done installing? Or did everything go away when the installation was complete?

It sound like the installation may have failed and it backed out completely. Can you provide the installation log file located in the temp directory?

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 3 of 8
TravisNave

Are you sure you didn't just download the files but haven't installed it yet?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Tips-on-the-use-of-the-downloaded-product-files...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 8
shortk3

thanks for your replies guys... i downloaded it again and its working fine now!!

have you ever used the 3ds max 2012?? my perspective panel is completely black and cant see what im working on..??

Message 5 of 8
DarrenP

that maybe be a graphics card problem

3ds max is very graphics card intensive

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
TravisNave

Agreed.  Check to see if your card is on the approved tested list and that you have a certified driver. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 8
shortk3

whats this card i need to check??? 

Message 8 of 8
TravisNave

Your video card.  Check in Device Manager for the type and the driver version.  Ask your IT for assistance if necessary.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report