Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot uninstall/reinstall Autodesk Inventor View

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
EScales
2312 Views, 11 Replies

Cannot uninstall/reinstall Autodesk Inventor View

I have a client that tried to install Autodesk Inventor View 2012 (32-bit) on a WinXP SP3 machine.  There was some sort of problem during the install, so they tried to unistall in from the Control Panel.  It seemed to uninstall it ok, until they try to reinstall in and it thinks that it is already installed and they cannot select it.  I did a screen share with them and went through the whole clean unistall procedure, but it did not help.  I tried the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, but Inventor View doesn't appear in the list.  They tried using RevoUnistaller, but again the Inventor View doesn't even appear in the list.  I've gone through the registry several times and there doesn't seem to be any traces of any Autodesk stuff in there, but it will not reinstall.  What do I do now?  HELP!!!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
TravisNave
in reply to: EScales

Have you tried the Autodesk's clean uninstall process?  Make sure also that the installed program directory is deleted.

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autdoesk products, see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 12

If installs 64bit Inventor View 2012, please try to search and delete them

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\D9816D67466100400000FD2CEE33E7CA

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\D9816D67466100400010FD2CEE33E7CA

If, 32bit, this key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\D9816D67236100400000FD2CEE33E7CA

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\D9816D67236100400010FD2CEE33E7CA

Message 4 of 12
tiyo73

Hello,

I just would like to install Inventor Viewer. Tried with Version 2012, 2013 and 2014 and 

always get the same message (see attachment). (64-Bits system)

The only difference within the message is the Temp Folder name.

The extraction came out just fine, but when goin' further during the installation

this is the message I get. And it does appear at the beginning of the installation process.

2 things you should know before replying to me...

-I have never installed an Autodesk software on this computer before.

(Double checked the Control panel, registry, Autodesk folders on this computer, and found nothing).

-I have Solid Edge ST4, Team Center 8.1 with UGS NX 7.0, SolidWorks 2012 Edrawing, installed on my working station.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Mario

Message 5 of 12
YoyoYue
in reply to: tiyo73

Hi Mario,

I am afraid some files are missing during the extraction.

Do you mind downloading the package and try it again?

Thanks,

Yoyo

Message 6 of 12
tiyo73
in reply to: YoyoYue

Do you really think I got the same problem with 3 bad downloads of 3 different versions?

I have checked the folders, and the file it seems to be lookin' is really there (InventorView.msi)

Also, I want to point out that since I had problems installing it on my Desktop Computer at work, I

tried to install the 2013 version of the software on another user's Desktop computer, and it installed

flawlessly.

So I'm guessing there might be a ghost or something in my desktop computer to refuse installing it,

but can't figure out what the problem is...

Hope someone can help me out how to deal with this...

thanks Yoyo for your comment though.

Mario

Message 7 of 12
YoyoYue

Thanks for your quick response.

I have already contacted our developer to look into it.

Will get back to you once we find a solution.

Thanks,

Yoyo

Message 8 of 12
srlake31470

I have had this same issue with Maya 2014 and 2013.  When I started to have issues with 2014 I uninstalled it via both the autodesk uninstall, as well as the control panel.  And as the original poster said, I ran cccleaner after contacting autodesk for help.  I've gone into the registry as well and have deleted key upon key including the 3 that someone had suggest, as well as went into c://programdata/autodesk.  

Still nothing!  I keep trying to install Maya 2013 and 2014 and with both, it says it's installed already.  There has got to be a way to disable that "looking" for previous install and just install over whatever this bloody program is seeing.

For crying out loud I have been working on this for 5 days now and still unable to fix it.

Message 9 of 12
YoyoYue
in reply to: srlake31470

I have talked with our developers, and they think a possible reason is because of the anti-virus software, here is an example (http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/01/trend-micro-the-system-cannot-open-the-device-or-...).

So would you please check if you have any anti-virus software installed?

If it still does not work, here is another possible reason. Perhaps your C drive or more specific, the Temp folder is encrypted. If the first solution does not fix the issue, do you mind checking if your C drive (Temp folder) is encrypted?

Thanks,

Yoyo

Message 10 of 12
tiyo73

Hi, I'll ask the technician here to help me with our Anti-Virus software (Trend Micro Security Agent).

Since I can't de-Activiate it on my work station. But I can't see I'm the only one here that can't install it

since we all ahve the same Anti-Virus Software.

As per your 2nd solution, if I have to check for an encrypted Temp folder, I really don't know how to

find out if it is encrypted. So I'll have to also check this out with our technician this week.

thanks, and I'll try to let you know later.

Mario

Message 11 of 12
TravisNave

Trend Micro is the culprit lately in a lot of install fails. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 12 of 12
wedxza

I have the same prob with inventor 2014, then I read http://blog.jtbworld.com/2012/09/how-to-solve-problem-when-setup-says.html

I went to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\ and looked at the description, I found the file realted with Inventor, started with 195or something, it I deleted that, and found out I can reinstall it

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report