Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot uninstall Civil 3D 2013

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
normans
2963 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot uninstall Civil 3D 2013

Hi all,

I am in the process of uninstalling Civil 3D 2013 and doing a clean install. I have tried to repair, reinstall and received "Internal error 2738" and have progressed to receiving the msg: Failed to load c:\users\...\local\temp\_aic689\\.tmp\setup\contentpackui.dll. I would appreciate any advice.

Further info:

This is a home machine Dell E520, 4 GB Ram, Win7 32-bit. Civil 3D 2013 had worked fine until I got into pipe networks and the Part Size Creator dialog came up without displaying any data, just hor. lines.

I would receive the error 2738 after selecting C3D, Repair or Reinstall from the Program and Features window in CP. This occurs a few moments after the splash screen and the horizontal bar progressing across it. I would click OK and the bar would still progress for awhile and then end and report that the process failed. I may have uninstalled in the wrong order? I have uninstalled the other components successfully except for the Content Service Pack and C3D itself.

I plan on trying to delete folders and reg keys tonight and whatever else is suggested and hopefully reinstall C3D. Again any advice would be much appreciated.

Civil 3D 2015 SP 2, 64 bit
Dell Precision T5600, 16 GB
Win 7 Professional 64 bit
Intel Xeon @ 2.0 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: normans

To Diagnose and Fix installation problems automatically, please see the new Microsoft tool for this here:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autodesk products, see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

For all other installation problems on Windows XP SP2 or below consider using the Microsoft Installer Clean Up Utility. For more information on this program, please my forum post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Microsoft-Installer-Clean-Up-Utility-for-Add-Re...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6

I have AutoCAD software in a DVD but I do not install in out desktop. He saw no setup di
Message 4 of 6

@prakashsinghnegi066

This posting is 5 years old and is about Civil 3D.  May I ask what this has to do with your requirements?  For the future please do not hi-jack postings that has nothing to do with your needs.   Just create your own posting..

In addition what version of the software do you have?  DVD?  Autodesk hasn't sent out DVDs in years..  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 6
normans
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I have no idea what you are referring to? I didn't post anything.

Civil 3D 2015 SP 2, 64 bit
Dell Precision T5600, 16 GB
Win 7 Professional 64 bit
Intel Xeon @ 2.0 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
Message 6 of 6
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: normans

@normans

You started this posting awhile back so technically you are still watching it..  Smiley Very Happy  Which means when someone replies to it at any point you'll get an email notice about it.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report