Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot uninstall AutoCAD 2011 trial from my computer?!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1675 Views, 1 Reply

Cannot uninstall AutoCAD 2011 trial from my computer?!

Hello,

A few months agos i tried to install the AutoCAD 2011 30-day trial version onto my new laptop. It never worked, and it took so long to install... i gave up in the end.

Anyway, i have since got the AutoCAD LT version to install onto my laptop, however i need to uninstall the trial version first. It does not appear in my 'Programs and Features', therefore i can't remove it from there. I've done a search, and it is showing as 'AutoCAD_2011_EFSB_Win_32bit'.... no 'uninstall' option. I have downloaded the Revo uninstaller software, yet it still doesn't appear on there.

It is asking me to set up a 'deployment' however when i've tried to do this, it is asking for a serial number, which i don't have, because it's a trial!! Sooooo frustrating!! I'm tempted to just highlight and delete all files associated with it, but then i know that it will not completely remove the program.

Can somebody please help? I don't know what to do next on this!

Thanks

Melissa

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Backup any customizations first.

Uninstall your current installation with the REVO and use the most aggressive setting. Strip the machine as best it can.

Then follow this advice from Autodesk to see if any registry items are left:

Remove Autodesk Products:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240817&id=2887771&siteID=123112

From here you should have a clean machine that will take the reinstallation. You could follow the Autodesk advice exclusively but most likely you will strip the current installation.

BTW - All you really needed to do was apply the Serial Number and Authorization to the Trial install. There was no need to install the program from the disk you received - You did get the program on disk I trust?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report