Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot rid computer of incorrect serial key

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
NOTS
283 Views, 2 Replies

Cannot rid computer of incorrect serial key

I was reinstalling my copy of max 9 after an OS re install, and mis entered the product key, which it accepts up until activation. Upon realizing my mistake I reinstall Max to start from scratch, however it skips the step of entering the product key, and has retained the mis entered key I mistakenly entered. I assume there is a file somewhere that it is reading this from, but I can't figure it out for the life of me. Even after an uninstall and removing all files associated with Max, when I reinstall it still shows the wrong key I entered. How can I change that or delete the file where that information is being retained? Thank you so much for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: NOTS

Did you also clear the registry?

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autodesk products, see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
NOTS
in reply to: TravisNave

I really appreciate the response. I hadn't, however I followed the steps in the link you provided and the problem is persisting. I cannot imagine where that key is being retained. Short of re installing my OS, which is absolute last resort, is there any where else that information might be hiding?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report