Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install on the current operating system?

58 REPLIES 58
Message 1 of 59
Anonymous
54082 Views, 58 Replies

Cannot install on the current operating system?

I have downloaded autocad and inventor (student version) multiple times and every time it said that it cannot install on my current operating system. i have windows vista and i have tried both the 32 and 64 bits for both versions and it still says it cannot download on my os. i have met all the requirements and still nothing. does anyone have the same problem or has experienced this that can help me out? thank you
58 REPLIES 58
Message 21 of 59
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I really hope that someone could help me asap because this is a matter of life and death (well, kinda because I have to meet a deadly deadline). I downloaded autocad architecture 64bit but it says issues on OS compatibility, I dunno why, I have windows professional. Help please!!! Also, can I convert Autocad 2010 file to Autocad Architecture? A big thanks if I can get a response fast.... I am so nervous I might fail a class if I cannot make this work in the next hour. 😞

Message 22 of 59
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

I have windows professional.

You have Windows Professional what?  More information is needed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 23 of 59
Anonymous

i have the same problem too T__T it's been a month since i started installing it. I have tried both version 2010 and 2011 32 bit.

my OS is windows home premium 64bit. 2 gb RAM and more than enough memory of hard disk. my processor is i5.

please help me. iam attending an autocad class now and can't practice and do homeworks at home.

Tags (1)
Message 24 of 59
RogerMollon

nylanor,

You identified that you are running a 64-bit operating system, therefore you must download and install the 64-bit versions of our software.  The 32-bit and 64-bit versions are in the same download locations.

I hope this helps,

Roger Mollon
Forge - Strategic Tech Consultant - Novi
Autodesk, Inc. - Retired
Message 25 of 59
Anonymous
in reply to: RogerMollon

Hi,

Sir i am also facing the same problem...i have Inventor 2011_win 32 am installing it on my WIN 7_64 bit profesionl am getting this massag again and agian......Cannot install on the current operating system? .....as read me  says

"Whether your Windows operating system is the 32-bit or the 64-bit version, the version is automatically detected during installation. The appropriate version of Autodesk Inventor is installed. "

Waiting for your kind and quick response

Muhammad Azam

Message 26 of 59
Anonymous

Hi,

Some times the autodetection doesn't work even if you have the correct media.

In your case Inventor 2011_win 32 is only for 32 bits platform.

You must download or contact a reseller to have the 64 bit version.

Message 27 of 59
ebrassington

Hello There,

I have a similar problem - that I cannot install the software.  Here are the details of the laptop:

windows edition:  windows 7 home premium  service pack 1

hewlett-packard presario cq56 notebook pc

64 bit operating system.

Ok - maybe someone can help me with this:

I tried using that software program to download the program.  I've even tried to download the program by itself (without using that software program).  In both instances, a file was downloaded (autocad_2011_english_win_32bit  - size 2,106,070 KB) (I did try to download inventor too - with same results)

Each time the file is downloaded (have tried for many hours now- with the same result each time), I try to click on it, and I get asked if I want to open the file - it states it is a "unknown file type".  I click open, then it asks "choose the program you want to use to open this file:" 

Maybe I am missing something, but it should actually be an executable file that is downloaded - right?  And if so, then I guess I have a problem with receiveing the file properly - or is there something i am missing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Tags (1)
Message 28 of 59
ebrassington
in reply to: ebrassington

I also wanted to add that I have tried both the 32 and 64 versions to downlaod with same results

Message 29 of 59
ebrassington

the attached image is what happens when i try using the software to download the file.  Be it autocad or inventor.

Message 30 of 59
Anonymous
in reply to: RogerMollon

I have tried both 32 and 64 bit installers and got same results. 😞

Message 31 of 59
Anonymous

Hi,

try add .exe as extension to your file :

autocad_2011_english_win_32bit.exe

Message 32 of 59
Anonymous

Hi -

I've successfully installed AutoCadLT 2011 on my PC and used it for almost 9 months without issue.  Today, I tried to open one of my drawings and AutoCad is no where to be found - vanished!!  .dwg drawings are now linked to Adobe Acrobat, which is odd.  I tired reinstalling the software and I get the "Cannot install on the current operating system" message.  In addition, when trying to access this forum from that PC, I am being redirected to other websites.  I am writing this from my laptop which is running v2008 without issues for some years now.  I have heard there have been previous compatability problems with Adobe.  HELP! I have to get my work done !

Jan

Message 33 of 59
DarrenP

that sounds more like a virus of some sort

programs just don't vanish

you need to get your computer looked at

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 34 of 59
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi - that is what I thought. I did my Norton scan, then restarted the PC to a date before this trouble started, still no Autocad at all and I still get this message when I try to reload the software.  The best changes so far is that the dwg files don't try to open with Adobe Acrobat.  I've run into problems with Adobe Acrobat and AutoCad not playing well together resolved with a patch, but this is the worst ever.  Lucky I have my laptop to keep working on the drawings.

The message still appears though.  What does this mean?  Is there a patch somewhere I  can download to unfrack this thing?

Jan

Message 35 of 59
jessjessop2003

I too have a similar problem.  I have Vista Business 32bit with 2GB RAM, all other requirements are correct.  Firstly, when I download the Autocad Professional Inventor as a registered student onto my computer, a moment from the end of the install a message appears in a box saying:

'Next volume is required.....you need to have the following volume to continue extraction...D:\4353-21 Course Files\AutoCAD_Inventor_2010_English_SLD_Win_32bit.part2.rar...insert a disc with this volume and press ok to try again.... 

I then insert my official student Parametric Modelling Courseware cd....but it does not activate anything even tho the D drive works (i've tested it several times).

I'm at my wits end.  PLEASE HELP!!!

Message 36 of 59
Anonymous

I ve a new HP630 intel core i3 window7 64bit,when install autocad2011 64bit reply cant instal on this os.HELP PLS.
Message 37 of 59
Anonymous

Hi people , If someone have solution to my problem please help !!!

I have Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64b and instalation can't be opened, and every time i try to open just extract the files to current folder, loading on the screen and nothing happens. Is it becase of my SP1 or something else if someone knows i would be grateful 

Message 38 of 59
Anonymous

I have thesame problem I need help please my system is 64-bit any way

Message 39 of 59
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

I have thesame problem I need help please my system is 64-bit any way

You have not stated your Operating System.

Is it Mac OS?

Is it Windows 7? 8? 9? 10?

Can you post screen capture of your system specifications?

I think I would have started a new thread rather than post to this ancient thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 40 of 59
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Hello JDMather I'am post new thread but no one give me the solution I'am printed the screen to you Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report