Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install Revit 2013

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
pcece
4883 Views, 14 Replies

Cannot install Revit 2013

I am trying to install the free student download version of Revit 2013.  I have installed revit 2012 architecture and structure on this laptop in the past and never had a problem using windows internet explorer.

This is what happened the two times I've tried downloading Revit 2013: 
CRC failed in content\ADSKMaterials\2013\ILM\Common~1.cab Unexpected end of archive.

Ran a setup and got the following errors:

Error 1309. Error reading from file: C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_Revit_2013_English_Win_32-64\x64\RVT2013\ProgramFiles\Autodesk\Root\Program\ADPAssets\assets.zip

Error 1712. One or more of the files required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
philip.s
in reply to: pcece

pcece,

CRC errors are generally resolved by utilizing a different download method. Please try again with the following 48hr timed direct download link and let me know if it resolves the issue.

Revit 2013 32-64BIT - LINK

Message 3 of 15
pcece

I used the link you provided to redownload the software but 12 hours later again (do not have access to faster DSL in my area) and the same thing happened during the installation process:

"Some installation files are corrupt. Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation"

"CRC failed in content\ADSKMaterials\2012\ILM\Common~1.cab  Unexpected end of archive"

I'd appreciate any other suggestions.

Message 4 of 15
DannyHubbard

Check out the following article, http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/downloading-software-browser-download-vs-download...

I would probably recommand starting the download again using the Free Download Manager.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 15
pcece

Since the downloads take 12 hours, I want to make sure I understand your recommendation.  Are you suggesting I use the 3rd party tool at www.freedownloadmanager.org/download.htm listed in the article to download the student version of revit 2013?

Should I first delete the Autodesk_Revit_2013_English_Win_32-64bit folder already made from the previous downloads?

Anything to increase the chance for success before committing to another 12 hour stint would be appreciated.

Message 6 of 15
DannyHubbard

Yes the Free Download Manager utility in my experince has been better than just the browser download and faster. I would probably delete the Autodesk_Revit_2013_English_Win_32-64bit, after you do the download again.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 15
pcece

I used the download manager.  It still took 12 hours.  The installation process just cycles endlessly at the  "5 out of 8" point.  I had to use the task manager to cancel out of the installation process and my computer is not functioning properly now and will probably need servicing.

Really this has been nothing short of a nightmare.  I have to teach this software in less than a week. There must be a better way and someone to call at Autodesk. 

Message 8 of 15
DannyHubbard

When the install is at stage 5 of 8 it general also say Preparing Content, this is where content is being downloaded in the background. Depending on what Content Packs were choose to install and your interent speed this can take a while, many people have just let the process run over night.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/07/revit-2013-will-hang-at-preparing-revit-content.h...

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 15
pcece

I'm happy to report that I've finally, successfully loaded Revit 2013!  Thank you very much, Danny, for all your help.

I apologize for showing my level of frustration in the last post but I've been installing free software from Autodesk for many years and this download/install has been very different.  I didn't expect the installation process after the download to take so long and thought something was wrong again until you informed me that it could take quite a while (and it did).  I'm assuming it's because all three Revit versions (arch., struct., and mep) are combined into one now.

Thank you again!

Message 10 of 15
yo__hijin

Pcece Hello, I have the same problem as you:
-CRC failed in content \ ADSKMaterials \ 2013 \ ILM \ Common ~ 1.cab Unexpected end of file.
I wonder if downloading with Free Download Manager is fixed that mistake or I have to do to install revit 2013. Thanks in advance ...

Message 11 of 15
pcece

yo_hijin,

Yes, when I downloaded Revit 2013 with the free download manager it fixed that CRC error and I was ultimately able to install it successfully. 

Hope you will be successful too!

Message 12 of 15
sfarrell3532

I am having the same problem and tried everything.  I've gone through and verified all my hardware, updated all hardware drivers, downloaded it from two different locations using the download manager-- Once through my Cox high-speed internet service at home and once at Palomar college cad lab.   It still hangs up at 5.

Do you have other options?

Sandra

Message 13 of 15
DannyHubbard
in reply to: sfarrell3532

Sandra,

When the install pauses at stage 5, it is because Content is being downloaded in the background during the install. Depending on which content packs you choose to install and your internet speed this can take some time to complete, the best thing to do is just to let it run, even overnight if you have to.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/07/revit-2013-will-hang-at-preparing-revit-content.h...

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 14 of 15
jerredavidson

I am unable to access the student REVIT Architecture 2013 version in english.  The only download option in the dropdown menu

is in Spanish.

I previously was able to download the 2012 version in English without any difficulty.  Any advice would be welcome.

Message 15 of 15
philip.s
in reply to: jerredavidson

Hi Jerre,

The 2013 version of Revit Architecture actually should not have been available on the Education Community and has since been removed. As an alternative, please download Revit 2013. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report