Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install Inventor Professional 2014

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
olfmeister
2216 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot install Inventor Professional 2014

Hi, i downloaded Inventor Professional 2014 student version (3 years licence for free). I want to install the file "Autodesk_Inventor_2014_German_64bit_dlm_001_002.sfx.exe" on another computer, not on the one i used to download. Since the other one where i want to install has bad internet connection i can't download the file there. When i want to install the .exe file on the computer with bad connection following error occurs: "Product download includes multiple files. At least one file is missing or not downloaded yet" (translated into english). But the download was only this one .exe file, there is nothing missing. What can i do? I donloaded the x64 version for installation on x64 win7.

Thanks in advance

Hallo, ich habe die kostenlose Studentenversion (3 Jahreslizenz) des Inventor Professional 2014 auf Ihrer Homepage heruntergeladen. Die Datei "Autodesk_Inventor_2014_German_64bit_dlm_001_002.sfx.exe" möchte ich auf einem anderen PC installieren, an dem ich nur eine schlechte Internetverbindung habe, daher kann ich das Paket dort nicht komplett herunterladen. Beim öffnen der .exe Datei erscheint nach Angabe des Installationsverzeichnisses folgender Fehler: "Produkt-Download besteht aus mehreren Dateien. Mindestens eine Datei fehlt oder wurde noch nicht heruntergeladen." Der Download bestand aber nur aus einer einzigen .exe Datei, mehr gab es nicht. Was soll ich tun? Ich benötige den Inventor auf diesem PC für mein Studium. Ich habe Win7 x64 und daher auch die 64bit Version heruntergeladen. 
Danke

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: olfmeister

I think IE may have blocked the second part.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/04/downloading-software-suites-internet-explorer-pop...

There should be 2 parts.  i.e. 001_002.sfx.exe and 002_002.sfx.exe

D.

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
olfmeister

I didn't use Internet Explorer but Google Chrome.

If there are two files, should they be downloaded simultaneously or one after another? Is it sure that there are two parts?

All my friends (we need Inventor for studying) have the same issue, too, no matter what browser is used. Only the instant "install now" option works.

And a last question since my internet connection here is so bad, is there a way to only download the second part and not the complete package again?

Thanks in advance

Message 4 of 4
sudermannCAD

Hi. 

I have Opera and the same problem.

Solution:

Click on browser download (on autodesk.com), then the first part appears, also an pop-up that is blocked from Opera. Just allow the pop-up opening and another Tab open with the second part. Save.

Sry for bad english 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report