Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install AutoCAD 2011 with Network Licence.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
DaveL-DPUK
723 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot install AutoCAD 2011 with Network Licence.

Hi, I hope somebody can help me.

I am trying to install AutoCAD 2011 on a laptop running Win 7 32 bit.

I get to the installation screen where you select the licence type. I have been told by my head office to click on "Network Licence" then "Single Licence Server" then enter thier server name.

I keep getting an error message saying the name of the server does not exist on the network. 

I am based in the UK and my head office is in the US (where the server with Network licence Manager is based). They tell me they have installed this system in our Canada based office using this exact same method and it worked perfectly.

I can ping the server in command prompt and that works perfectly.

I have also tried installing the AutoCAD on another PC in the UK which is running Win XP and I get the same problem as my Win 7 laptop.

It seems as if the software is not looking over the internet for the server and only looking on my local network.

I have also tried adding the server file to the hosts file as instructed by a previos post on this website.

I have uninstalled any firewall and antivirus software and disabled windows firewall.

Many Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
emily.xu
in reply to: DaveL-DPUK

Can you try to use IP address instead of license server hostname? or just click yes and let the installation go on, after installation finished, start AutoCAD, see if you can find the license server.

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: DaveL-DPUK

You can also set the FLEXLM_TIMEOUT system environment variable to 1000000 to increase the amount of time the client will take to poll the server.  This especially helps over long distances.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=7574782&linkID=9240617

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4
DaveL-DPUK
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks to all for your help. The increase in the TIME OUT time was the solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report