Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot initialze License manager: ADLM: startup failed

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
MohsenHessami
5564 Views, 22 Replies

Cannot initialze License manager: ADLM: startup failed

Running Autodesk Simulation and other Autodesk products on same PC.

Added INCREMENT of new license to my license file but Simulation does not start. Only strange thing is that I get "?\?F?" at the end of Flexlm log file.

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
TravisNave
in reply to: MohsenHessami

You may have appended the file wrong.  Post your status enquiry here and I will check. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 23
MohsenHessami
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi Travis,

Please see attached.

Thanks for your help

BR

MH

Message 4 of 23
TravisNave

That does seem odd about that log file. 

Can you copy the contents of your .LIC file in a PM to me so that I can check its consistency?  I don't want you to post that sensitive information to the open forum. 

Thanks.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 23
TravisNave

I received your PM, but you need to post your LIC file in it.  Thanks.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 6 of 23

Hi Travis,

Just got this from Autodesk:

Dear MH:

Thank you for your response.

Kindly note that ASPRO stands for Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics 2013.

We have verified the license file and it's correct.

We kndly ask you to try to activate the product once more with the license file provided by us.

You can update the status of this case, attach files or provide additional information by replying to this email. Please let us know if you have additional feedback regarding the way your case is being handled.

Did you know that Autodesk experts are now monitoring and responding in the Install & Licensing Autodesk Discussion Forum? For fast answers to your questions from Autodesk and community experts, please visit the forum by clicking
here.

Thank you for contacting Autodesk.

Do you still want to see the license file?

BR

MH

Message 7 of 23
TravisNave

Nah, if they say it is fine then it is probably fine.  What error are you getting when you try to launch your 2013 product?

I noticed your license manager is still 11.9.  You need to be running 11.10 for the 2013 product line.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Autodesk-Network-License-Manager-2013/m-p/33873...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 23

Hi Travis,

I have updated the FlexLM tools to:

FLEXnet Licensing (v11.10.0.3 build 96515 x64_n6) started on SELAP367 (IBM PC) (4/10/2012)

But still get this:

Cannot initialize license manager: ADLM: startup Failes

Suggested Solutions:

1. Verify the license manager is running, and ensure connectivity.

2. Verify that license has not expired.

3.Verify that the license is for the current version of Autodesk Simulation CFD.

Status Enquiry:

Users of 85942ASPRO_2013_0F:  (Total of 1 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Diagnostics:

"85942ASPRO_2013_0F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex   License server: SELAP367   floating license  starts: 1-jan-1990,   expires: 02-jun-2013   Requests from the same USER/HOST do not consume a new license

This license can be checked out

Any Idea what I should do?

BR

MH

Message 9 of 23
TravisNave

Per your status enquiry, your NLM is running fine.  Can you ping the server?  Does it get an IPv4 address or IPv6?  If it is an IPv6, see my IPv6 fix in my signature link.

Also check for port blocking.  Ports 2080 and 27000 need to be open.  You can check this with Internet Explorer (not 3rd party browser) by clicking these links for your NLM:

http://SELAP367:2080

http://SELAP367:27000

You should get this response for each:

Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60

You might also set system environment variables for ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE @SELAP367 as well as FLEXLM_TIMEOUT 1000000.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=7574782&linkID=9240617

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 23
hmeent

Hi,

I had the same problem (and message) with Simulation CFD 2013, but i got suspicious because it seemed to be a local failure according the message, but I pointed to another machine as a license server.

After consulting another user (already running the application) and comparing our registry settings, I changed the following key: \HKLM\software\Autodesk Simulation CFD\13.0\Locale. It's value was du-NL (probably due to the language setting of the license agreement during  the installation). I changed it to en-US, and voila, it worked, see the attachement. So in the end my license server was not the problem.

I hope this is working for you too.

Message 11 of 23
kerthivasan

Thank you for the registry tip, sir.

I also had the same problem. After I changed the registry entry as you said, Autodesk Simuation CFD worked fine.

I was wondering, that how did you find such an intricate change !.

Anyway, thanks a lot for sharing your experience. It saved a lot of time for me.

Message 12 of 23
in reply to: hmeent

@hmeent

Great solution, had the same problem!

Message 13 of 23
robin.daems01
in reply to: kerthivasan

Hi guys I have exactly the same problem. Also the same error..

Only there's a difference. When I go to the Simulation CFD file with the Registry editor, I also have the folder 13.0 but only there are no files in it. Except for the default file.

I downloaded the program from the site of Autodesk for students. I have got a serial code and product key.

I installed the program, typed the key and serial code in..

But when I go to the students website of autodesk, it says that I haven't activated it yet. Quite strange if you ask me?

I have totally no clue.. What I know is that I need this program to work asap to do some research for my thesis.

Message 14 of 23

Hi Guys,

I am facing the Same Problem. Attached are the screenshots....

When I try to start CFD 2013 (Student Edition), it pops out this message !

Cannot Initialize

I tried to figure out Network License Manager, but I haven't got any license yet

LMTools.jpg

Tried to activate online but it asks for Product Request Code.....  (Which I don't know)

Product Request.jpg

Looking for ua help guys !

Thanks

Aadil 

Message 15 of 23
TravisNave
in reply to: aadil.turey119

You either use the license manager *OR* you activate your product... not both.  If your product is stand-alone (or student version) then you need your serial number to activate.  If you have a commercial (or nfr) network seat, then you need to obtain your license file.

Make sure you have local admin rights and then manually start the ADLM service if it is not starting.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 16 of 23
aadil.turey119

Travis,

Thanks for your reply.

THe problem is that I cannot do either of them. Simply when I Click CFD Icon, it pops out message....

CANNOT INITIALIZE.......

Can you please let me know how to troubleshoot this. Thanks !

Message 17 of 23
p11286865

worked for me too!!

I had to change from en-UK to en-US.

Message 18 of 23
apolo_vanderberg

Mohsen,

Just as was posted above please check the Locale.

We have a Solution (posted here) that outlines how we can run in to this ADLM startup failure and a method of correcting it.

Let us know

Thanks

Apolo

Message 19 of 23
guy.austern

Hi

i am also trying to install autodesk CFD with a student license

got as far as configuring my Flexera server, but im not sure i even have a license file

who should i turn  to?

the licpath i got with the cfd instalation is very small and says:

SERVER MnG-PC2 000000000000
USE_SERVER

(which is the name of my computer)

the error i get from the server status enquiry is:

--------
Status
--------
Flexible License Manager status on Sun 6/24/2012 00:02

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
License server status: @MnG-PC2
    License file(s) on MnG-PC2: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\License\LICPATH.LIC:

lmgrd is not running: Cannot connect to license server system.
 The license server manager (lmgrd) has not been started yet,
 the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the
 port or hostname in the license file has been changed.
Server name:   MnG-PC2
License path:  @MnG-PC2;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-15,570
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".

please help!!

thanks

guy

Message 20 of 23
TravisNave
in reply to: guy.austern

The LICPATH.LIC file is not a license.  It is a pointer to the license manager.  Since you have a student copy, are you sure that it isn't a stand-alone activation?  You may need to reinstall.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report