Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9
joshuanewman
795 Views, 8 Replies

Cannot get licenses.

Hi,

Having big problems here trying to get licenses from LMTOOLS.

I have several different licenses installed including 3DsMax 2012 - 2015, licenses for Nuke and Deadline. I can checkout licenses for Max 2015 and Nuke but non others. Intrestingly I also cannot get a license for VRay from their license server either. Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

Josh.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: joshuanewman

it might be this: http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2014/05/license-manager-1112-and-the-foundry-license-tool...

but if autodesk licenses are working its one of the other software vendors licenses that could be causing this issue

you might want to contact one of them if the above link doesn't work

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
joshuanewman
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi Darren,

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it. I have followed your advice and changed the port for NUKE.
Interestingly I only installed NUKE to test the license server, I had this problem before I installed the NUKE license.
I have managed to get MAX working, not exactly sure how but DEADLINE is still a mystery. I have also managed to get VRay working

Any other suggestions as to why I would be able to get a MAX 2014 license and not a 2015 license would also be appreciated.

Josh.
Message 4 of 9
asburyj

Only the latest license server version can process the 2015 licenses. If you are still running a version older than 11.12 you will want to upgrade your license server software.

To upgrade do the following

1.) In LMTOOLS go to the stop/start/reread tab and stop the server

2.) Uninstall the autodesk network license manager from the add/remove programs or programs and features control panel.

3.) Download and install the latest license server software from the following link.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Latest-...

4.) Once it is installed, launch LMTOOLS and start the server again.

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 9
Darin.Green

Josh,

If you're able to open and borrow licenses from 3DS Max 2015, then you should already have the latest version of LMTOOLS (11.12) installed. However, if you're not able to get a license for other versions of 3DS Max, you should review your license file to make sure you have a package license. e.g. if your licenses are current on subscription, your license file should contain a package license with the current version and 3 versions back. 

Use Autodesk license parser website to validate your license:

http://www.licenseparser.com/

If your license file states you have access to 3 versions back (2014 - 2012) then you have a package license file which your other versions should work.

If you have separate license files for each version of Autodesk products, they must all be created on the same date, and you'll need to combine them into one license file. For more information use the following link:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Thanks,

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution

Message 6 of 9
joshuanewman
in reply to: asburyj

Hi Jeffry,

Thanks for your response. As part of my trouble shooting I downloaded the most recent version and re-installed it. I was already using the most recent version.

Regards,

Josh.

Message 7 of 9
joshuanewman
in reply to: Darin.Green

Hi Darren,

Thanks for your response, useful link! My license is OK. In fact i have managed to mostly resolve the issue, I'm just not exactly how but I know have all versions of MAX checking out licenses OK, which makes me worried that the problem might come back.

I am still having a problem with Deadline however which I will have to take up at the Thinkox forum.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Josh.

Message 8 of 9
joshuanewman

Hello, Again this problem is rearing it's ugly head. Now I cannot get licenses for 3DsMax 2015, but 2014 works fine. Any ideas? Regards, Josh.
Message 9 of 9
joshuanewman

Looks like I have it working, by using; [PORT]@[SERVER_NAME] Funny as usually I just use the servername or IP. Is this normal? For 2014 I on;y use the servername. Thanks, Josh.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report