Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find valid license

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
EastFishkillNY
666 Views, 6 Replies

Cannot find valid license

We have been running AutoCAD 2013 and then 2014 with the Flexlm Service on our server.  When we migrated from 2013 to 2014, I got a new license file, posted it, started and stopped the server.  Everything worked as planned.  I was able to run 2013 with the new 2014 license file (verified in LMTOOLS).

I just installed 2015 and got a new license.  I installed the license, changed the Config Services in LMTOOLS and stopped and restarted the services.  I can run 2014 AND 2013, but 2015 gives me the “A valid license could not be obtained by the license manager. Error [0.0.0]” dialog box.  I then get the “your license is not valid” error.

I've attached the 2014 and 2015 license files (in PDF) and the log file.

Please advise.

Acad License.jpg

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: EastFishkillNY

Make sure your NLM has been upgraded to version 11.12.  Smiley Happy  You are still running version 11.10 according to your log. 

See my Autodesk Network License Manager 2015 post about this. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Autodesk-Network-License-Manager-2015/td-p/4923...

That should fix the 0.0.0 error. 

Also, don't post your license file on a public forum.  I will have that removed shortly.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
EastFishkillNY
in reply to: TravisNave

@Travis 

I'll d/l the newer version of the License Manager & install it.

I'll repost the results.

Re: the license file: understood. Thanks.

-Rick

Message 4 of 7
asburyj

I have seen some problems in the past pointing to the license file on a server UNC path. The best practice is to copy the license file to a directory local on the server and point to it there. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 7

this hasn't been an issue for releases 2012, 2103 or 2014...only 2015.

Message 6 of 7
TravisNave

I can't say I've seen UNC pathing like that either.  And I have been supporting the NLM for a decade.  Is it because you have an old combined license file tied to an old server MAC?  Why not just run it on the local server?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 7
asburyj

I know for sure I have seen problems with this in previous versions. Bottom line is the best pactice is to have you license file local on the server so if you are having any problems that's what I suggest you do. 

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report