Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot configure MEP & Architecture 2012 to see license server

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
briancahillkk
439 Views, 1 Reply

Cannot configure MEP & Architecture 2012 to see license server

Problem:

I have successfully created an image of a PC that has installed successfully Revit Architecture 2012 and Revit MEP 2012 pointing to our license server. The software has been tested and works great. When I rolled out this image to a new PC, tried to start Revit Architecture 2012 and Revit MEP 2012, I am prompted to activate a standalone version. The software is not behaving like the original PC where created the image from and does not see the license server. I have mapped the licence server to the relevant PC.

Question:

How can I configure the rolled out versions to see the license server? Forums tell me I have to re-install from scratch. I work in a University and individually installing multiple machines takes a long time.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Brian

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
molog2
in reply to: briancahillkk

Hi Brian,

If you are getting the activation request while launching the product it means that the installation is for a standalone license. There should be something wrong either on the image you created or the image you used was from a system with a standalone installation.
It is true that the supported solution to switch from a standalone to a network is to reinstall the software. Note: you can also create an administrative image (deployment) on a network share and automatically install all the clients from that share.
If you would like to try a solution to avoid reinstallation, there is a post on our blog for 2013 versions but I cannot guarantee it would work on 2012. As said, the recommended solution is to reinstall.

AutoCAD Family 2013: Hacking the registry to change the license from Standalone to Network

Giancarlo Molo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report