Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot activate Inventor

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Jeffsg605
498 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot activate Inventor

I am a student and I just downloaded Autodesk Inventor. My Inventor software was working perfectly for about two weeks.  Then one day it stopped responding  and closed.   After that Inventor no longer opens.  When I click the tab on my desktop to open it, a message comes up saying

"Inventor.exe is not currently registered and did not correctly re-register on start up. This is probably because you do not have enough access rights (e.g. you are a Restricted User). Ask an Administrator or Standard User to re-run the program for you."

I activated the software through the email that was sent to me but when I view my software, it says I have not activated it yet.  So I started the activation process and on the second page, after I enter the serieal number, it asks for the Product Request Code which I do not have.  When I click the question mark it says to start the product to get the number.  However according to my first error code, I cannot start the product because it has not been activated.  So I am at a loss.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: Jeffsg605

You probably need to do a repair install. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
Jeffsg605

How do I go about doing that? Do I just run the regular installation again? And what would stop it from doing that again?

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

From Add/Remove programs in Control Panel.  Sometimes a hotfix or Service pack can interfere and cause this problem.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
Jeffsg605
in reply to: TravisNave

I repaired it and it worked! Thank you very much.  That just relieved a lot of stress, I've got a project due soon.  Thanks again for the quick response and helping me with my lack of knowledge of computers.

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

It's all good.  That's what we're here for.  Glad you are all fixed up!  Smiley Happy

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report