Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Install Rental License Revit LT 2014 on Windows 8

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
diarmuid
600 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot Install Rental License Revit LT 2014 on Windows 8

Hi,

I have just bought a Rental License for Revit LT 2014. I have spent nearly a week trying to get it up and running in a stable condition. I experienced 2 error messages during installation:

1. Communication error with Autodesk (high speed Internet connection was active throughout.)
  2. Incompatibility with Operating system.
  3. I tried a variety of install methods from the Rental Account page; downloads, browser downloads, etc.   

I tried a number of things: 

• I upgraded from WIndows Vista to Windows 8.0 (no effect)
  • I cleared Temp folders, and removed all files from previous inallations of Autodesk products (no effect)
  • I eventually tried to install Revit LT 2013 from my rental account page, where it said I had access to other software. This was successful and the software worked for a day or so on trial license.
  • The Windows upgrade created unforeseen problems and I had to do a System restore to the time between upgrading windows and installing Revit LT 2013.
  • I then attempted to reinstall Revit 2013 LT and it said the trial license had expired.

I am working to a deadline, and I need the license I have paid for to function asap.

I had a student version of Revit 2013 which ran well on this machine for over a year while I learned the software. I bought the Rental license because some work came in, but as a result of this I don't currently have any drawing software.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

D. Kelly     

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
diarmuid
in reply to: diarmuid

Here are the screen captures showing the installation errors:

Revit 2014 Install Error 1.jpg

Revit 2014 Install Error 2.jpg

Message 3 of 6
DannyHubbard

Go to http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS21889745

Scroll down and pick on the link for Virtual Agent.

Then select Download links and Autodesk Revit Products, then the type and version of Revit LT you are after.

Then try installing from the downloaded executable.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 6
diarmuid
in reply to: DannyHubbard

Danny,

thanks for your help.

I went through those steps to no avail. I just took another look at the system requirements. If I'm using Revit 2014 on Windows 8, does it have to be 64 bit Windows 8?

The list of system requirements isn't very clear. But you could read it that way. Presumably I will have to do a clean install of 64 bit windows 8?

Is there any way of getting a licence for Revit LT 2013 (which does work on my machine) for the rest of the time I've paid for under the rental licence? This would let me finish my work and prepare for upgrading Windows over the next couple of weekends.

Many Thanks,

Diarmuid

Message 5 of 6
diarmuid

Here's what the system requirements page says:

"Windows® 8 64-bit Enterprise, Pro, and Windows 8; Windows® 7 Enterprise, Ultimate, Professional, or Home Premium 32- or 64-bit"

It would be clearer if it said "Windows 8 must be 64bit", if this is the case.

Message 6 of 6
pendean

32 or 64 bit: not sure what is confusing about that, it's a choice you can make.

#2 in your first post usually means you downloaded the wrong one for your system, nothing more. Download the other one instead.

I suspect you may have also trashed your windows 8 in the process of a week long "who knows what" you may have done. I like your idea of starting over.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report