Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't reinstall Revit 2014

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sreich20
2400 Views, 4 Replies

Can't reinstall Revit 2014

I am having a really difficult time reinstalling Revit 2014 on my computer. I was running a student version of Revit 2012 on my Windows 7 Bootcamp. A couple of days ago I decided to upgrade to the student version of Revit 2014. It installed fine but shortly after I made the terrible mistake of accidentally unistalling one of the Microsoft C++ programs. Revit stopped working and even after I redownloaded the correct Microsoft C++, it still wouldn't work. I didn't know about system restore at the time and by the time I figured it out, it was too late to go back. I tried many things to reinstall Revit but nothing worked, the installation always froze up or aborted (I tried each install method). I tried everything outlined in this post: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617.

Finally, I just decided to remove my Bootcamp partition and recreate it. Since Windows 8 is now available, I installed that on the partition. However, when it was ready to run, I was still unable to install Revit. 'Install Now' freezes up and then I am unable to restart it. 'Download Now' aborts. 'Browser Download' downloads fine but then freezes in the installation. I have tried a couple dozen things to fix this and reinstall, but I am no closer than when I started. I would greatly appreciate any assistance with this.  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: sreich20

Welcome to the community.

I don't understand the *freezes during installation* issue. 

When you install Revit, there are additional downloads in the gigabytes that can take in upwards of 8 hours to download depending on your connection.  I would recommend patience and let the seeminly frozen installation complete. 

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
sreich20
in reply to: TravisNave

I've waited for more than 24 hours on two occassions without any progress. During the installation a little box pops up that says "Preparing Revit Content" and the installation never moves forward. My connection is working properly.

Message 4 of 5
alindquist
in reply to: sreich20

Did Autodesk ever help you resolve this?....I'm having the same problem
Message 5 of 5
DannyHubbard
in reply to: alindquist

You can try these setting changes, http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS19331146

But as Travis mentioned above the install is downloading gigabytes of data so it may take a while.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report