Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open the download link and error keeps on appearing

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
a_molino415
937 Views, 15 Replies

Can't open the download link and error keeps on appearing

Hi, im having a problem opening the download link, an error keeps on appearing saying (i think) that my system is on a 32-bit. But I double checked it, my system is a perfect 64-bit. Windows 7, Home Basic, 67-bit. We tried everything possible, the agents are all so helpful and patient with me. But it is still not working, I think the problem is my OS, it's a Windows 7 Home BASIC, just to be sure agent Cam advised me to post the problem here in case we missed out on something before I proceed to upgrading my OS. Ty

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: a_molino415

Hi There,

Welcome to the community,

Which program are you trying to install?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 16
a_molino415
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Hi Jo Ann, Im trying to install the student trial, AutoCAD 2011 version. 64-bit. 

Message 4 of 16
pendean

If you are just looking for a product download you should be able to find it at the Autodesk Customer Service Virtual Agent:
1. Go to http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...
2. Select the choice "Download Links".
3. Select your product, then variant, then version as applicable.
4. You should now be presented with the choice to download your software.

Message 5 of 16
JoAnn_Hogan

Any specific reason why it should be AutoCAD 2011 and not 2014? 

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 6 of 16
a_molino415
in reply to: pendean

Hi, thank you for your help but I have tried that already, Autodesk agents asked me to do that and yet, same error. You think It's because of my OS? I have Windows 7 Home Basic, 64-bit

Message 7 of 16
a_molino415

Hi Jo, I want to download 2011, so that I can still open it at school. Our school has the 2011 version.

Message 8 of 16
JoAnn_Hogan

You can download the AutoCAD 2014 version and when you save, just downsave to 2011 so that you can open it from school.

Here is the link where you can download: http://www.autodesk.com/products/autodesk-autocad/free-trial

This is how you would downsave:

When you save > change the files of type to 2011 (See attachment "Downsave to 2011 - 1")

If you do not want to do this everytime you save you can set the defaut save format in Application menu > Options > Open and Save tab

(See attachment "Downsave to 2011 - 2")

Jo - Ann
Message 9 of 16
a_molino415

Will it still work even Im from Philippines? It says in the Privacy Notice that it only applies in the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, and Australia. And if Im from another country, it will not apply to me. And for how long will the trial lasts? Thanks again for replying.

Message 10 of 16
JoAnn_Hogan

A trial lasts 30 days. You can apply for a student license wich is valid for 3 years. I am from SA and it still works here.

Here is a link where you can apply for a student license: http://www.autodesk.com/education/student-software

Jo - Ann
Message 11 of 16
a_molino415

I tried downloading the 2014 trial and this was the result. As of now Im trying to download 2014 via Virtual Agent. Thank you, Jo! As of now your reply is my prospect solution. I'll update you if it works. Thank you so much again.

Message 12 of 16
JoAnn_Hogan

Please let me know if it works. If not we have to think of something else

Jo - Ann
Message 13 of 16
a_molino415

I'll get back on you as soon as I fix my Internet connection problem. Thank you so much, Jo

Message 14 of 16
a_molino415

Hi Jo, I have downloaded the 2014 student version already, and it says that the file was corrupted

Message 15 of 16
sjakon

I cant open my SketchBook pro but why?
Message 16 of 16
sjakon

Hi joann hogan why I cant open my SketchBook Pro?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report