Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open newly installed AutoCAD

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
579 Views, 1 Reply

Can't open newly installed AutoCAD

I tried installing the student versioni of AutoCAD 2013 yesterday but when I tried to open it for the first time, it would get to the point where it said 'checking license' then a pop-up comes up saying 'Autodesk component has stopped working' and won't open. The tab remains on the start bar but I can't get onto it.

After following many posts on the forum, I tried several things including reinstalling it and then completely uninstalling it along with all autodesk folders on the computer.

Today, I tried to install AutoCAD 2014 free trial instead and exactly the same thing has happened.

I've tried all the suggestions I can find. Please help!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
brad_hurley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello and Welcome to the community. 

Please check out the article posted on Up and Ready to see if the solution resolves your problem.

Autodesk Software & Activation freezing on Laptops with Geforce GT series cards

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/08/autodesk-software-activation-freezing-on-laptops-...

Have you tried installing AutoCAD 2013 on another machine?  Please review and make sure you have met all system requirements for AutoCAD 2013.

AutoCAD 2013: System Requirements

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/03/autocad-2013-system-requirements.html

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

BHurley
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report