A have a problem which I admit I might have created with my very own hands. Still I would really appreciate any help and input.
1. 3ds Max Design 2011 on Windows XP 32x working just fine.
2. I was removing some in not needed any more software - through control panel - add remove programs.
3. After these actions when I open Max and try to open any .max file - I get a crash. Sometimes the scene will load, and I can see the content for a second or two - then it crashes, and sometimes even without that I get a standards error: An error has occured and the application will close..."
4. It doesn't matter what type of file I am trying to open - .max, .fbx, each time the same happens.
5. Same thing with importing, merging etc.
6. Even if I open new scene, create anything, save it and try to reopen - CRASH!
7. Tried to reinstall - no improvement.
8. Tried to repair - no improvement
9. Tried to switch graphic driver - no improvement.
I understand that I might have removed something Max needs. At that time I was 100% sure I was removing really irrelevant stuff - but it doesn't look like a coincidence.
Does anybody has any idea what I could possibly do to solve the issue?\
Thanks in advance,
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register