Installation & Licensing

sciesielski
Message 1 of 1 (967 Views)

Can't open any .max files.

967 Views, 0 Replies
12-23-2010 03:27 AM

Hi,

A have a problem which I admit I might have created with my very own hands. Still I would really appreciate any help and input.

The matter:

1. 3ds Max Design 2011 on Windows XP 32x working just fine.

2. I was removing some in not needed any more software - through control panel - add remove programs.

3. After these actions when I open Max and try to open any .max file - I get a crash. Sometimes the scene will load, and I can see the content for a second or two - then it crashes, and sometimes even without that I get a standards error: An error has occured and the application will close..."

4. It doesn't matter what type of file I am trying to open - .max, .fbx, each time the same happens.

5. Same thing with importing, merging etc.

6. Even if I open new scene, create anything, save it and try to reopen - CRASH!

7. Tried to reinstall - no improvement.

8. Tried to repair - no improvement

9. Tried to switch graphic driver - no improvement.

I understand that I might have removed something Max needs. At that time I was 100% sure I was removing really irrelevant stuff - but it doesn't look like a coincidence.

Does anybody has any idea what I could possibly do to solve the issue?\

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube