Installation & Licensing

Contributor
jeffcarson
Message 1 of 2 (252 Views)

Can't launch AI after Excel installation - safe to reinstall trial mode?

252 Views, 1 Replies
08-01-2013 04:56 AM

I recently installed Autodesk Inventor 2014 in trial mode to evaluate it for my business.  I am running it on a virtual PC on a Mac via Parallels 8.  After installation, I realized I needed Excel installed in order to use Studio.  After purchasing and installing Excel 2013 for Windows, I now get the following error when I launch AI:

"Serious Error: VBA failed to initialize properly - please restart Inventor."  I found a solution at:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21910314&linkID=9242018

Which says:

Close Inventor session and manually install VBA7 from Inventor source media:

64-bit 

Install VBA7 from "3rdParty\x64\VBA\Vba7.MSI" .

but since I downloaded the trial of Inventor from the Autodesk website I have no media (and I can't find a Vba7.MSI anywhere on my hard disk).  I now can't open any AI files at all.  I have 25 days left in my trial period.  What should I do? Is it safe to uninstall and reinstall the trial version?  Where can I get this Vba.MSI file?

Contributor
jeffcarson
Message 2 of 2 (251 Views)

Re: Can't launch AI after Excel installation - safe to reinstall trial mode?

08-01-2013 05:16 AM in reply to: jeffcarson

If found the VBA files in:

C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk Inventor 2014\3rdParty\x64\VBA

After reinstalling Vba7.MSI and Vba71033.MSI I am working again.

Thanks also go to these guys:

http://www.cadlinecommunity.co.uk/Blogs/Blog.aspx?ScoId=5fcf4af6-c73d-49c3-b536-c16ecb22bb3e

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube