Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't launch AI after Excel installation - safe to reinstall trial mode?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jeffcarson
506 Views, 1 Reply

Can't launch AI after Excel installation - safe to reinstall trial mode?

I recently installed Autodesk Inventor 2014 in trial mode to evaluate it for my business.  I am running it on a virtual PC on a Mac via Parallels 8.  After installation, I realized I needed Excel installed in order to use Studio.  After purchasing and installing Excel 2013 for Windows, I now get the following error when I launch AI:

"Serious Error: VBA failed to initialize properly - please restart Inventor."  I found a solution at:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21910314&linkID=9242018

Which says:

Close Inventor session and manually install VBA7 from Inventor source media:

64-bit 

Install VBA7 from "3rdParty\x64\VBA\Vba7.MSI" .

but since I downloaded the trial of Inventor from the Autodesk website I have no media (and I can't find a Vba7.MSI anywhere on my hard disk).  I now can't open any AI files at all.  I have 25 days left in my trial period.  What should I do? Is it safe to uninstall and reinstall the trial version?  Where can I get this Vba.MSI file?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jeffcarson
in reply to: jeffcarson

If found the VBA files in:

C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk Inventor 2014\3rdParty\x64\VBA

After reinstalling Vba7.MSI and Vba71033.MSI I am working again.

Thanks also go to these guys:

http://www.cadlinecommunity.co.uk/Blogs/Blog.aspx?ScoId=5fcf4af6-c73d-49c3-b536-c16ecb22bb3e

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report