Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install trial. Please help

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ariccitst
332 Views, 4 Replies

Can't install trial. Please help

I am trying to download a Revit trial. But every time i try and open the .exe file i downloaded from autodesk it the attached picture comes up. I leave the site open and i even shut of my firewall to see if this would help and still the same issue. Any suggestions???
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jessica.t
in reply to: ariccitst

Greetings and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Sorry for the download troubles, but I don't see an attached image of the error you are seeing. In the meantime, please take the following steps to get the best download performance:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.

If you take these steps and the issue persists, please send another post with the attachment of the error. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 5
ariccitst
in reply to: jessica.t

Hey thanks for getting back to me, I tried what you said and still the same error came up
Message 4 of 5
ariccitst

For some reason it wont allow me to attach attachments. so what come up is Communication Failure download and indtallation has been interrupted by a lost connection between the autodesk website and this computer. The most likely causes are: -The installation package was moved from the install location, which is not supported -The autodesk download website was closed or manually refreshed before the installer launched -A firewall has blocked the network ports Please address these issues if possible, return to the website, and then click again on Install now, or use anoter download method: Download now or Browser download. So i tried all the above and what you suggested. I then went onto the autodesk website to see if there was a download now or browser download option and i couldn't see it on the page http://www.autodesk.com/suites/building-design-suite/free-trial anywhere Thanks again for your help
Message 5 of 5
jessica.t

Would you mind trying to download your software from our Virtual Agent? Sometimes downloading from a new location often resolves the problem. Let me know how it goes, thanks!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report