Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can´t install autocad 2012 in windows 7 64 bit

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
tapia.byron
5433 Views, 10 Replies

Can´t install autocad 2012 in windows 7 64 bit

hi everyone,

The autocad 2012 installation not even begins, appears this message:

The system can not find the path specified. C: Local \ Temp \ AI_461F.tmp \ x64 \ InventorFusion \ InventorFusion.msi

Help me please, my laptop is a hp probook4430s core i5 windows 7 64 bit

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
david.lau
in reply to: tapia.byron

Message 3 of 11
rosaldovicar

Up for this? I am encountering the same problem but this is autocad 2013.
Message 4 of 11

@rosaldovicar

Welcome to the community...

Up for this?  What do you mean?

The 2013 version is retired and no longer supported..  Do you own an active 2013 serial # for AutoCAD?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 11
rosaldovicar

No, we don't have. Actually it's my friends problem but i want to help her and also a benefit from learning on how to fix this. She just tried the trial and now it expired. What can we do for this?
Message 6 of 11

@rosaldovicar

I'm confused now...  You are asking for AutoCAD 2013 but you installed the trial which would've be 2017..  So which is it?

If you don;t have an active serial # how did you expect to use the product?

Is your friend a student?

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 11
rosaldovicar

Yes she is a student. I am sorry, they already used the trial maybe thats good for 30 days only and she didnt mention what version it was. And now they are trying to install it again. She's saying that, autocad installed and used it already and when it expired (trials over) anf they are trying to install it again. Maybe she is speaking for 1 version only "autocad 2013". I think they needed a new autocad version because they don't have serial #. What do you think?
Message 8 of 11

@rosaldovicar

If she is a student then she get the software for free (as long as its used for learning/training purposes only) - for 3 years.   Has she created a educational account here: http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/autocad?  From there she will be issued a serial #.   If the 2017 is already installed there's no need to install it again.  Once she gets that serial # she can activate it.

Mark Lancaster

Message 9 of 11
rosaldovicar

Yes Mr. Mark it is for their project/educational purposes. I will inform her to create an educational account on the said link. Also, one more thing. She can download the autocad2017 on the link?
Message 10 of 11

@rosaldovicar

That link that I provided is there to create her Autodesk Educational account.   Once that is completed and she logs in, she will be able see the download for AutoCAD 2017 or any other Autodesk product she requests.  But if its already installed on her machine as a trial there's no need to install it again.   However if you need to install it, here's what we recommend:

Download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent (link is in my signature) and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

Good luck on your installation.

Mark Lancaster

Message 11 of 11
rosaldovicar

Affirmative and thank you very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report