Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Mudbox 2013...

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
romtinerfani
2209 Views, 11 Replies

Can't install Mudbox 2013...

Hi guys,

I'm trying to install the 64 bit version of Mudbox for Windows 7. I run the setup, enter the product key and set a custom location but it keeps failing immediately and I get this message:

Capture.JPG

I tried selecting the 30-day trial instead and not changing the default install location, but no good. It just keeps failing to install.

Here's a copy/paste of the log file, dunno if it's very helpful:

-----------------------------

2013/4/9:14:24:48    Romtin    ROMTIN-PC    === Setup started on ROMTIN-PC by Romtin ===
2013/4/9:14:24:48    Romtin    ROMTIN-PC    Launch
2013/4/9:14:24:48    Romtin    ROMTIN-PC    PageOpen    LaunchDialog        
2013/4/9:14:24:55    Romtin    ROMTIN-PC    PageOpen    LicenseDialog        
2013/4/9:14:24:57    Romtin    ROMTIN-PC    PageOpen    ProductInfoDialog        
2013/4/9:14:25:20    Romtin    ROMTIN-PC    PageOpen    ProductSelectionDialog2        
2013/4/9:14:25:22    Romtin    ROMTIN-PC    PageOpen    FullProgressDialog        
2013/4/9:14:25:22    Romtin    ROMTIN-PC    Installing Autodesk® Mudbox® 2013:  TRANSFORMS="C:\Users\Romtin\AppData\Local\Temp\_AIFB02.tmp\x64\Mudbox\Mudbox2013.0-standalone.mst" ADSK_EULA_STATUS=#1 MUILANG=en-us ADSK_SOURCE_ROOT="M:\mudboxInstall\" INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Mudbox 2013\" FILESINUSETEXT="" REBOOT=ReallySuppress ADSK_SETUP_EXE=1

2013/4/9:14:25:23    Romtin    ROMTIN-PC    Install    Autodesk® Mudbox® 2013    Failed    Installation aborted, Result=1603

---------------------------------

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: romtinerfani

read this: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Some-Products-Fail-to-Install-Result-1603/td-p/...

a 1603 error is a generic windows error that can be caused by multiple things with multiple solutions

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
romtinerfani
in reply to: DarrenP

thx darren,

i don't have issues with prerequisites like C++ or .NET failing. I even altered the .ini (setup) file to not search for those and it still failed. actually the prerequisites don't even show up all i see is mudbox failing.

I turned UAC off and I'm running as admin on my computer (plus I'm the only user). I have no anti-virus software and I turned off my Windows firewall... Still didn't work. I also tried using default location for install and selected NO Service pack but no good...

I tried Maya 2013 as well, and it failed too. Same issue.

Anyone, please!

Message 4 of 12
DarrenP

try installing in windows diagnostic mode: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6453117&linkID=9240617

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
TravisNave

Try installing as a different user with admin rights. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 12
romtinerfani
in reply to: TravisNave

just got back home not too long ago...

tried running in windows diagnostic as per those linked instructions, Darren. didn't work..

now I guess I'll make a new user with admin priviledges on my computer and try Travis' idea.

I never mentioned I already have Maya 2012 (student edition) on this computer. Installed it back in August last year with no problems whatsoever. Could that be the problem? I can't afford to risk uninstalling that, I go back to school on Monday and I need it.

Replies, anyone and everyone, please:)

Message 7 of 12
romtinerfani

AWESOME! thank you so much Travis. I made a separate user account with admin priviledges and ran the install. i literally gasped when the install bar stayed on the screen and Mudbox successfully installed. I chose to manually install the service packs, but that didn't take more than a few seconds.

Again, this had been driving me nuts since Monday night so thank you so much everyone!!

Message 8 of 12
TravisNave

Excellent. Glad you are up and running.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 9 of 12
_AKS_

Delete "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AdLM\ProductInformation.pit". I may solve your problem.

Message 10 of 12
TravisNave
in reply to: _AKS_

@_AKS_ wrote:

Delete "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AdLM\ProductInformation.pit". I may solve your problem.

This is a closed thread, and deleting this file has no impact on the problem by the OP.  This file should never be deleted unless there is a licensing error preventing activation or installation due to the corruption of that file. It will be obvious if it needs to be deleted by the error.  If you delete this file, you will lose activation for all of the Autodesk products installed on your machine.  It should only be done as a last resort and for the specific problem that is needed. 

If you wish to help on the boards, we welcome it.  However, please assist current and unsolved questions with specific known solutions to the problem. 

Thanks.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 12
_AKS_

Once I had faced the same error. But after deleting that file my problem was solved.

Message 12 of 12
NucleRmedia

I saw this thread, and noticed he needs the admin rights and such and it fixed it.  However, I am using the only account that needs to be on my PC, and it is an admin account.  I have the C++Redistributalbe, as well as the.NET Framework the prerequisites call for.  I get a funny termination at the begining of the instalation that says:  Error 997.Overlapped I/O Opperation in Progress. I am a student, and I am trying to install Mudbox 2013 on a Windows Vistax64 machine.  I have tried to run Mudbox 2015, but cannot due to my graphics hardware, so I am trying to go back a little.  I am a student, and am trying to install 2013 on a standalone student licence.  I have added 2 logs found in Mudbox's temp folder, and a photo of the error message.  As you can see, it doesn't get too far into the instalation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report