Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Building Design Suite

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
eddiemunster3
1155 Views, 9 Replies

Can't install Building Design Suite

I'm trying to install from Thumbdrive Building design Suite Premium 2012.  The software will start installing on another computer, however on my computer approx. 10 seconds after starting the install I get a message saying that setup.exe-Entry point not found. There is more to the error so I have added it as an attachment.  What doesn't make sense is that it will install on another computer but not the one that I am currently using with Revit Structure Suite.  Any thoughts?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
emily.xu
in reply to: eddiemunster3

Would you please provide the log file in temp folder and also your OS info?

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 10
eddiemunster3
in reply to: emily.xu

Hi

Thanks for your response.  Unfortunately the installation doesn't get that far.  There is no log in the temp file.

Hope that helps.

Message 4 of 10
emily.xu

Ok, then there are maybe something you need to check:

1  System requirement: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=16490792, make sure your OS in the supported system list and also other requirements.

2  Update your OS

3  Try to install with another user with admin rights, and I would strongly suggest to use the default Administrator to install.

4  If it's not the user rights issue, try to install in diagnostic mode: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2893432&linkID=9240617.

Hope that helps.

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 5 of 10
TravisNave

Also, try copying the contents of your USB drive to a folder on your hard drive and install from there with admin rights, UAC off, and anti-virus disabled.  See if you have the same problem.  You might also see if the problem exists on another computer.  If so, you may have a bad device. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 10
eddiemunster3

Unfortunately I have tried to install in this mode several times and it doesn't solve the problem. 

Just as a matter of intrest. I am running an Intel I7 720qm @ 1.6ghz with 4 GB of Ram.  My OS is Windows 7 Professional-upgraded this to see if this would help. 

I have tried copying the contents of the thumb drive to the Hard drive and running from there in both Diagnostic and normal mode.  No Luck.

I have also tried installing on an older computer and it works so it is not the Thumb drive but this file LiteHtml.dll

I have even replaced this file in every directory and file with one sent from support.  No luck!!!

It's getting a little frustrating but I know there is an answer I just need to find it. 

By the way i am running Revit Structure suite 2011 right now on the same computer with no problems. 

Message 7 of 10
emily.xu

Did you try to install by using Administrator or create a user with admin rights?

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 8 of 10
eddiemunster3

I tried both just incase it worked.

Message 9 of 10

When you search your machine for this LITEHTML.DLL did you enable the option Include System Directories in you Search Options?

Generally with these types of errors the setup.exe, in this case, is trying to use an incorrect version of the DLL, this could be because an old copy of this DLL was some how copied to a folder where it shouldn't be, like in C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32, something like that.

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 10
jfrost5

Try checking C:\Windows\SysWOW64 for the litehtml.dll - if there is a copy there, move or rename it & try the install again.  I ran into this issue when installing AutoCAD 2013.  After moving the litehtml file, I got an error with another dll.  It was in the same SysWOW64 folder and had the same date as the litehtml.  I ended up moving all files that matched that date out of the SysWOW64 folder.  After doing that, I was able to successful install the product.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report