Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Autocad 2014

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jenny101
6332 Views, 4 Replies

Can't install Autocad 2014

My software analyst downloaded this .exe "AutoCAD_2014_English_Win_32_64bit_wi_en-us_Setup"  and I can't get it to install.  Every PC I try gets a communication error.  Background - none of these PCs are getting upgraded.  These are new installs.  OS is Win 7 Pro.  I have downloaded myself all three options . . . Install Now, Browser Download and the third which I can't remember now.  All appear to be the same .exe and all give the same error. Ultimately I need to install this on 11 systems and hope to write a Powershell script to install silently with a license in the script if possible. Right now I can't even get it to install.  I enabled IIS to allow for incoming and outgoing traffic.  Port 80 is enabled.  I have put the .exe on a desktop using my home router without my work firewall or other restrictions and I encounter the same communication error.  I attempted to Google a YouTube video for an install demonstration, but all I could find was Win 8, so I watched it and immediately notice the install folder had many files and folder including a setup.exe, not the .exe I mentioned above.  I am very unfamiliar with Autocad so I really need help.  Do I have the wrong .exe?  Thanks for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
aaronhai
in reply to: jenny101

Hi jenny101,

Welcome to Autodesk Discussion Group.

To eliminate installer files or download issues, please download AutoCAD 2014 via our Virtual Agent (Matt).

Select [Downloading and Installation] --> [Software Download Links] --> [I need to redownload my product]

Please attempt the installation under Diagnostic Mode.

Thank you.

Aaron Hai
Message 3 of 5
jenny101

Thanks for reply.  I now have the installable format.  I see there is an .ini file.  Is there a way to configure for "Silent Mode" as this is a network install and a way to configure new serial number and product key to register silently?  Thanks

Message 4 of 5
dembkod

jenny101,

Hello. If you build a deployment there will be a checkbox to run a “silent” deployment on installation. It should be on the first configuration screen you access when you run the installer.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 5 of 5
hazelfarley4630

Hi,

I'm having an issue where I create a deployement ( to create a network install in silent mode) for AutoCAD 2014 64-bit. This appears to be fine but when i double click the Ink file to install on user pc, it starts to initialise then stops & does nothing. no errors, no install.. the initialise dialog box disappears..

Any ideas?

Hazel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report