Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install 3ds Max 2015

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
zee87
16230 Views, 27 Replies

Can't install 3ds Max 2015

I'm running windows 8.1 and when I try to run the setup I get this error: http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg502/dashingboy87/Untitled_zps9b9487e2.png Please help me out.
27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28
zee87
in reply to: zee87

Anyone?
Message 3 of 28
pendean

Patience Grasshopper: it's the weekend.
Message 4 of 28
joane.bonghanoy

Hi Dashing Boy,

Did you get the download link from Subscription Center? If not, from what particular Autodesk site did you get it?

Note that, although the download for 2015 is visible in your Subscription Center, you will be unable to activate this release until your Contract Manager or Software Coordinator receives the official 2015 Release Notification Email informing them that your product has been upgraded and is now available to you.

Media orders are also not available until the notification email has been received.

If you would like to request media, please have your Contract Manager or Software Coordinator log into the Subscription Center and request a physical shipment  after you have received an email notification that your upgrade is available for download.

Lastly, our Development Team has not yet released the official System Requirements for Autodesk 2015 Products. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 5 of 28

Same problem

3DMAX 2015 student.

Windows 8.1 

Message 6 of 28

Hi Alexander,

It looks like the install is failing due to the following: InstallMicrosoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64)FailedInstallation aborted, Result=1603

There may be a newer version of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package installed on your computer which is causing the install failure.

A typical workaround is to uinstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) via the Control Panel (add / remove programs), reinstall the software, and then install the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) from Microsoft (linked here).

For additional 1603 error causes and corresponding solutions, click here, and/or let us know if this works for you!

Message 7 of 28
turpisw
in reply to: philip.s

I get other error while i start setup.exe Windwos 8 

Message 8 of 28
philip.s
in reply to: turpisw

Hello @turpisw!

Looking at another .exe - Entry Point Not Found forum post yields the following.

• Disable your antivirus or any security software and then try launching again to ensure it is not blocking access to the file.

• Check the permissions on the utility.dll file by going to the file properties and ensure the acocunt in question has read permissions.

• If the above two don't product any results, try copying the utility.dll from Revit a working system and into the non working system replacing the existing file. 

• If all of the above fail I would suggest a clean uninstall and re-install

Any luck with these suggestions?

Message 9 of 28
koss902

OK so when i run the Setup for 3ds max 2015 it runs normally until it gets to what i believe is a materials library it then fails and says that some components have failed and links me to the attached file.

I am running a windows 8

if you need more details i am here!

and maybe i am missing something and this has been solved but i am in a bit of a panic as i have to have 3ds max in working order ASAP

Thanks in advance!

Message 10 of 28
philip.s
in reply to: koss902

Here to help @koss902!

Can you please try downloading the software directly from the Autodesk Virtual Agent if you haven't already, to circumvent the 1603 error? 

Message 11 of 28
koss902

Thanks for shooting me the virtual agent but when it opens it asks for the directory where I want to extract the file to, and when I click ok after specifing a directory it says File Corrupted Error and then closes any ideas?

Message 12 of 28
philip.s
in reply to: koss902

Sure thing! Have you tried disabling any firewalls or antivirus software? What about using a different browser?

Message 13 of 28
cabopo727

hello, i already download the version od 3ds max for windows 64 bits, but its not letting me install is showing that the comunication failure, however my network signal is excellente and i already turn off the firewall.

Message 14 of 28
vivien_logan

Hello

I also have a similar problem but it's not a 1603 but a 1619? Should I still uninstall the C++ 2012? I do however have a 1603 for the Medium Resolution Library? And a problem further down with DirectX Runtime which I can't even find on my system 😞

Would appreciate some help 🙂

Vivien

Message 15 of 28
clauelr

Hi, I have the same problem

I have Windows 8.1

Autodesk Student Version

Message 16 of 28
lucia.bragadin

Hi,

I can't install 3ds Max 2015 Student Version.

I really need help for this. I'm running win 8.1.

Message 17 of 28
ukdxb012
in reply to: lucia.bragadin

Hi @lucia.bragadin 

Your issue is related to the Autodesk Medium Material Library.

2015/3/27:00:01:48 Lucia LUCIA Install Autodesk® Material Library 2015 - Medium Resolution Library Failed Download Failed, Installation aborted, Result=1603

Please install it from here... http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

May i suggest you download 3DS Max via the Browser Download option rather then Install Now or Download Now.

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 18 of 28
ukdxb012
in reply to: clauelr

Hi @clauelr 

Your issue again is related to the Autodesk Medium Material Library.

2014/11/26:17:47:34 clauu_000 CLAU Install Autodesk® Material Library 2015 - Medium Resolution Library Failed Download Failed, Installation aborted, Result=1603

Please install it from here... http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

May i suggest you download 3DS Max via the Browser Download option rather then Install Now or Download Now.

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 19 of 28
ongseeusim
in reply to: ukdxb012

Hi, I can't install.

Message 20 of 28
ukdxb012
in reply to: ongseeusim

Your issue is to do with C++ 2005,please refer to the following link... http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Uninstall C++ and try the installation again.

P.S - could you please create a new post regarding your issue

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report